Weekly Torch - the barrel of questions

You have horrible mentality guys… Everytime someoone shows you something nice, the first question usually is “Can I destroy it?” :smiley:
Thats why we can´t have nice things :smiley:

2 Likes

1: A collegue of yours said that you do not use destructible meshes. Could you please explain why?

2 : Do you have any information about modding possiblities
2:1: Which systems are defined as core and are non-modabble and which systems will be modable?

There will be a Torch about our composer Jan Valta for sure :slight_smile:

I update Jasmins and John´s answers to your community questions in the weekly torch.

Now you can ask questions to our character artist Melissa Fionda

@Melissa:

First of all you are my personal hero. Really :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You are doing a very important work to maintain the immersability of the game, nothing is more frustrating than a game which is very immersive and realistic and then floating swords or other weapons are popping out of the screen, BUT THANK GOD this will not happen now :slight_smile:

Some questions in my mind

1: How is the status 0f the scabbards :slight_smile:

1:1 Will all NPCs (and PC) have scabbards?

1:2 Will there be different colors and types of scabbard?

1:3 How many different Types are already in the game :slight_smile:

2: The latest build showed at least that everyone had scabbards, which was pretty awesome. However I noticed some small flaws

2:1 There were no scabbard suspensions, so the scabbards looked like they floated. However, in cutscenes some characters have scabbard suspensions.

2:1:1 Will all NPCs (and PC) have scabbard suspensions?

2:1:2 If yes how many types and colors are planned?

2:1:3 Will there be also suspensions for maces, hammers,…

2:2 The bandit took out a knife/dagger out of nowhere and after he killed his friend he put it back into nowhere.

2:2:1 Will daggers/knives have also scabbards?

2:2:2 Will all NPCs who have daggers/knives also have scabbards for them?

2:2:3: Will those scabbards have also suspensions?

2:3 A technical questions. After the bandit was defeated, the scabbard and sword simply disappeared in front of the camera. Will this bug be fixed and also for other objects as well like arrows?

1. Are you also responsible for the alignment of the bows to the character models?
    3:1: Will the bows be aligned so, that they will be worn over the should and not perpendicular to the back?

Keep up the good work you are closing huge immersive gaps I am very thankful :slight_smile:

1 Like

A fox as spirtiual animal. So I guess no fox hunts isn’t this somehow unbritish? :wink:

Beside kidding I would like to know did you noticed something about the historical background story before you heard about Warhorse and KCD?
How did you react or thought after you heared the story the first time?

If you had a chance to implement a femal playable character or a important (for the game expirience not necessarily a historical real character ) femal NPC into KDC what kind of character background would you create so the character fits into the gamesetting?

1 Like

Awesome!

Thanks you all for your efforts; for the game, the forum, its moderators and the “Weekly Torches”.

I can’t wait to play the finnished game!

1 Like

Hi there Melissa

unfortunately not all of the torch is productive . some of it is totally useless like kitten mittens. this is your kitten mittens right here.

First of all i’m a fan of the game Arma 3. so kudos on your work there. hope it was not too shabby.

the scabbard on your post looks nice. but looks like it might be too small for my sword and probably even damage it. are there different sizes? before someone says anything get your minds out the gutter. i probably could have worded this question better or even edit but then it would in fact be bastardised . as the tone down has been dutifully applied we can move along.

Ha I believe I recommended like Shakey Graves to one of your colleagues in the torch one week.you may like this . is in my opinion best version of this song and you may not have come across it. https://youtu.be/ubhF7_BbPjw . while you at it here some more tunes you may or may not like meh.
metronomy the look https://youtu.be/sFrNsSnk8GM
Eddy Current Suppression ring - Colour Television https://youtu.be/iTWoa5vkAoM
alt-J (∆) Breezeblocks -https://youtu.be/rVeMiVU77wo
QOTSA - I Appear Missing https://youtu.be/XvSUaCly0VQ
https://youtu.be/RjYZToXuJaM
https://youtu.be/QetvK6ldl2s

The Fox is a good shout. my favorites probably being fantastic Mr Fox or the one from the story the little prince he wise so he is. plus who doesn’t like James Franco with that stupid squint y eyed stoney smile . here he is playing the fox from the story might be worth a watch if you’re bored https://youtu.be/WPSONX3uFcs

hopefully there will be another kingdom come in the pipeline so you get to do your thing in a different era cough cough Japan cough vikings cough. that was my limp ass attempt to get things back on track. good job on the horse jackets. should be some really interesting mods for this.

anyway I have wasted enough of your time back to work peasant.

1 Like

Hi @melissa

A simple/weird question,

is there a personal mark, sign or something similar you use in your work?
I mean, something you place in a character in order to let people knw about your work in the game?

2 Likes

Now you can ask questions for our scripter Petr MalĂĄc

“Reading books on the toilet - the best feature ever, so realistic.”

LOL So true. :laughing:
But if you spend most of the time reading on the toilet where do you get good ideas for a story?

“The NPC’s logic in tavern is completely mine.” and
"I like solving problems with brute force."

Aha, so I guess you are also to blame for a story which includes a pup brawl.
Can Henry receive a broken nose?

Have you hidden a HUGE hammer/sword somewhere in the game as an easter egg for us Berserk/WH40K fans to find?

Can we turn off weather effects in game, like rain, fog or wind? I just saw a video from beta where on low graphics settings the fog disappeared. I find it nicer without fog but I would not like to decrease my graphics quality by that.

1 Like

Now you can ask questions to our Community Manager Rick Lagnese

1 Like

I would like to know how is the feedback of the people that had a chance to play KCD at a games convention.
Did you noticed some differences in the comments from for example players vs professional game testers, uninformed player vs informed players, contributors vs normal player etc.? And if so, what was it?

3 Likes

Now you can ask Quality Assurance Tester Jan “Detective” Rücker about his job here at Warhorse Studios.

Hey Waldkauz! It’s always a great experience going to events as we get all kinds of feedback. I find that “casual” gamers really like the fact that our game is not necessarily a fighting game. They can enjoy the landscape, the environment, the towns, castles, etc, and make decisions that can potentially lead to being a more merciful and peaceful Henry.

The “hardcore” gamer has shown appreciation for this as well, and they are very excited to see the challenges that they’ll face in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. We’re not going to hold their hand in the game, which gives the player more freedom to take on challenges that others may want to avoid. Now we know that some of the events in the game are unavoidable, but even those events will lead to some big moments in the game. The combat in our game intrigues many, as it can be quite challenging and very rewarding.

I really love it when we hear people say that they have been waiting for a game like this for a very long time. And then when I explain to them all the choices that they can make in the game, they are overwhelmed in the most pleasant way possible.

It’s also equally as interesting when we have gamers who have never heard of our game, and they love to try and compare it to other types of games, such as The Witcher, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc. The more I try and demonstrate to them and show them that the game has hints of these three games (as well as others), they quickly find that our game is still quite different in its own right.

Obviously, we have many who gamers who are very skeptical and I completely understand and respect that. Whenever you try to tell someone that our game is not a fighting game and they are already skeptical about the game, sometimes they tend to think, what kind of game can you actually make without it focusing on the combat? There are so many choices in the game, can your game be broken? How is it going to compete with all the AAA games out there?

February 13th is just around the corner and soon, I believe that our game will influence many others and more importantly, give gamers a video game that we’ve all been waiting for, for a very long time.

6 Likes

Hi there,

I have some Questions:

1:1 How do you classify a bug?
1:2 How would you classify these immersion breaking things:

• breaking things like glued bows to the back
  • scabbards without suspensions
  • Shields without carrying straps
  • Magically litting torches
  • Torches that does not react to rain
  • Disappearing objects (knives, Swords and unforetunately scabbards…)

1:3 Are those aforementioned things on your bug/improvement board as task already recorded
1:4: Are there any strange but not really reproducable bugs, which are funny and could you share them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a question. It is one of my worries. Since you make it also for the game consoles:
Have you decreased the graphics for the PC version?