Weird bug with scared bandits? Anyone had this before?

I completed the last mission for miller peshek (as far as I know of, he didn’t have another in the dialogue choices) and had a bunch of loot from the castle including the book. I was over-encumbered and walked all the way to peshek’s house and completed the mission and sold what I could to him but I stil had more. I then decided to walk still over-encumbered up the river to the next miller, miller woyzeck. While I was slowly walking there, three bandits equipped with nothing but torches ran up to me on the path and said “you’re going to die”, so knowing me, a loot hoarder, I didn’t want to drop my stuff to run, so I side stepped into the water a bit and all three bandits just freaked out and dropped to the ground in “give up” mode. I went up to all three and told them to leave unarmed. It was the weirdest bug I’ve seen so far, and that’s excluding the giraffe neck in the horse inventory screen…

Anyone else encounter this?

Not me. interesting tho. I use the robinhood mod with the 7k carry weight so no problems as a loot hoarder

Have you considered, that it isn’t a bug but a result of them seeing what a baddass you are which really intimidated them.

I was unaware fleeing from bandits by jumping into waist deep water was so badass, so intimidating, that they would drop at the mere sight of me moving slowly through the water over-encumbered like a pregnant woman doing water aerobics.

The sewage systems in those days were non-existent. I guess they felt it was baddass to even dare to go into the water. :slight_smile:

Or it was because you wore a heavy armour and your reputation as a figter was high.

Never encountered that. Never encountered water carriers in Rattay stop in mid-stride… until today

Are you sure Henry didn’t walk on water?

If you just hit them once, you can cause bleeding which leads them to give up, if you scare them they run. For both cases, you also have skills for boosting bleeding and intimidation.

Didn’t hit them at all and I didn’t have a weapon or intimidating clothes. I had on no shirt so Henry was wearing the white one when no shirt is equipped, brown hose, random low level boots, and hunting gloves.

I was walking along the path, seen them and started to back up, all three jogged up to me while I was walking backwards and said I was going to die or something along those lines. When they got really close, I just pressed left with the analog stick until I was in the water and faced toward them and one was trippin out saying don’t hurt me or something and then all three just dropped in coward mode.

Is it possible they were survivors of previous battle? Did you see more bodies lay around? Sometimes there are bandits and guards fighting each other.

Nope. Didn’t see anyone else, just the three bandits. Weird thing is they were all three equipped with torches and it was daylight. They also never pulled out any weapons. After encountering them, I went up to the path to the next miller up the river and didn’t see any bodies or guards.

I quit the game after that happened and told myself I would wait for the new patch but it’s hard not playing this game. I got it right around when the current patch came out and beat about halfway and stopped playing because of problems with the game and also me wanting to play hardcore mode when that released.

I caved in today and played it and reloaded right in front of miller peshek. It must of autosaved after I gave him the book from sir hanush and completed the mission. I did the same exact thing as before and sold what I could and walked along the path again to the next miller. This time I didn’t encounter the bandits so it must be some type of random encounter that maybe happens by chance? Not sure.

I quit again and once again told myself I would wait for the next patch and hardcore mode…

Anyways, sorry for the long post, just thinking about how weird the bug was…

I never met NPCs using torches during day. I once met 4 heavy armoured guys, random encounter. I was on my horse and took off. Quick saved and started fighting. They beat me up in few seconds, so I loaded and tried again, this time, I hit them first, and they forgot to unsheathe weapons, so I was beating one, but the other guy had sword in the hand, so he was swinging to me from the side, I redirected to the guy with sword, after the second one also unsheathed sword, I took them down by chance, in the meantime third one came into scene, took him down, forth one just stood aside idle, I killed him sneakily. I can not wait for new patch, or is it just because I used saves from 1.43 to 1.5? I finished game for now, main and side quests done, just activities which I am not going to do, but still more than half of achievements locked, so I am going after those. But I say to myself, when is this new hardcore mode coming, I do not want to play obsolete version with bugs. I only wish I had no more bugs in 1.6 version…

Yes, I agree. I love this game and it’s one of my favorite games of all time. I’ve always loved history. Growing up I was always watching the history channel (back when it was good) or old PBS documentaries. Also, growing up my father was into medieval things and that got me into it as I got older. I love the middle ages and the fact that this takes place in the early 15th century and no fantasy elements, it was really a game I wanted for a long, long, time. I love playing it but the bugs are preventing me from having a good time with it. I also want to start a brand new game when 1.6 comes so I don’t have any problems and play a clean new game hopefully with no problems and improvements.

When hardcore mode comes out, I think it will be a fun mode to play with. Hopefully you can roleplay fully. Tobi from warhorse studios said in the alienware e3 interview that it’s more along the lines of realism mode than hardcore mode, or maybe that’s what he would call it. Either way, I think it would be fun to roleplay in hardcore mode. You have to eat more so it would make the bakery and food traders more useful. You would also have to plan a adventure in a town and buy supplies before you head out into the world. That all sounds really cool. HOPEFULLY we can do all of this with no bugs or at least a very small, small, non annoying amount of bugs. Lol

For me realism mode makes no difference. I got used to use cooking pots as well as my own food, since I usually sold it anyways, cause I have a lot of loot. Recently I spent more money on books and new armour and so if I really try to play badly I can decrease my money on hand really considerably, I can see still very positive number and why many other people have it as well. So making game more money demanding as well as bringing DLC that focuses on estate economy investments, I like the idea so far, but practically even KCD kind of let me down on imaginations, not that I had high hopes, but for example, I expected big battles which happened in smaller scale, and horseback fights but nobody expect Henry rides horse outside of quest, my complaint is mostly about bugs. It is surprising how some people claim they finished game with almost no bugs. I had no big deals half way through, I had two bugs which I replayed quickly, but everything after that made me cringe. I am usually fan of fantasy RPGs nowadays, but KCD was a little turn, still RPG with interesting story.