What about advanced hair and beard grow?

Hello from Czech republic!
What about hair and beard grow?
You can have beard like a viking and more…(you can cut your beard)
And with hair too. Want punker style? Cut your hair and let it grow!
And what about hairdresser? she can cut your hair or beard.(But not like gta:SA.(this must be real)-once you cut it, its forever and you must wait until they grow again.
What do you think?(about idea, not my english :smiley: )

6 Likes

That is a cool idea, as the game is aptly named Sandbox RPG we should be able to shave our beards and hair if we want (or can afford ).

Oh yes, please. Please yes, please!

I so want to be able to grow a beard in the game. And I don’t understand why nobody already implemented such a system yet.

2 Likes

If it can be done without compromising the deadline or overall vision, I’m all for it.

I’m actually even a little hopeful after seeing the “grime” effect they have for the clothing. Seems to me like facial/head hair might work using the same principles. However, as I have never tried this in practice, I could be quite wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aren’t you a specific person though? So you don’t get to design your character other then the clothing…

I think I remember them saying somewhere that you will be able to control hair styles.

Maybe in game you must visity hairdresser :D.

Please, not that. Fable 2 did it and that was somehow lame. I mean, you don’t go to the hairdresser to grow your hairs.

From Kickstarter update #6:

Our game is story-based and the hero is a specific character, whose background, personal history, etc. are already developed. You cannot change his gender, voice or face. However, you can change almost everything else – we have a very sophisticated equipment/clothing system, you can change hair styles (in-game, not before starting the game), there are no class limits on attributes.

So it looks like hairstyles are in. I’m not sure about beard growth, but it’s possible.

1 Like

Nice Idea. I’d like my character to grow a beard, too!

It’s a cool idea. The most complicated would be set the hair/beard growing in time, for the hair don’t grow too slow or too fast.

Even so, there are many things to do in the game and this is secundary. If Warhorse have time would be fine introduce this system instead traditional “Hair Creator”, but first are other things like combat, AI, story, animations, etc

The idea is very cool, but there are a couple of issues here.

The first one is time. Take a look at your Skyrim characters for example. I think the character I spent the most time had a total of 60+ in-game days. Human hair growth rate is around 1.25 cm/month, so in my specific case, I would have seen a change of 2.5 cm. The change is so minor, that you will never really experience it. Of course this could be overcome with accelerated hair growth.

The second issue is technology. Hair is one of the most difficult graphical accomplishments, because you have to simulate 100k small strings, that all behave independently. Making procedural hair, would only make it harder. From their videos, it looks like they have gone with the traditional single-mesh hair, though. Oblivion also had single-mesh hair, but allowed the player to decide the length. That could potentially be the way to do it.

The third issue is customization. I think the player should be able to easily control his/her appearance. If you restrict certain hairstyles to a character with a specific hair-length, you make it a menial task for the player to get that appearance.

With this idea, I predict a lot of players standing around waiting for their hair to grow out, so they can have their preferred hairstyle. Or people will just add hair-length with the console.

If the hairstyle actually had any major impact on the gameworld, this feature would hold meaning and not just be an arbitrary hurdle, the player had to overcome.

This would also mean, that adding hairstyles with mods, would be 100 times harder.

I think they want something like Lara’s hair in Tomb Raider, of course that was only the character of the player. Imagine a couple more characters and “you’ll need some super comp”.

OR

They just want various models of beard and hair that are replaced with time; after you sleep there would be a fade out/fade in and your character would appear with some more hair.
In this case: 1 hair style, 5 types length. And no game with characters has only one so…

sounds good… i like the idea (but only that the beard grow…)

That’s what I remember hearing I haven’t bothered to download the beard styles e dlc because I remember one of the devs saying that it stopped the beard growth. Thats why i stopped download the beard styles e dlc…!!