What are these things?

This one is near cpt. Bernard’s training ground:

This one is located at several spots in the town:

What are they and what they are for?

The first one is a horse collar thing for cart riding or plowing (don’t know how it’s properly called in English).
Second one dunno, looks like a birdhouse/feeder of some sort.

2 Likes

1st

2nd

And what’s the use to have several bird-houses in a town?

Just so birds can fly around, sing pretty songs and kill insects? Or just because you can?.. Dunno, but people at countryside still make them.
Not sure that these (in the game) are birdhouses, tho - they look weird.

The birdhouse in front of Peshek’s (also found in other places in KCD) looks like a place for swallows/martins. They’re said to be voracious insect eaters.

1 Like

the one in Rattay I looked at close and seem to be a primitive street lamp with a candle. (?)

Ha Ha city boy! :smile:

nah, I never saw something like this in real life and knew what it was…

guess then he’s never see a an American western or an historical time history show and noticed the harness on the horses. or visit a Persevered working 19th century historical village.

that’s pretty likely

The point about birds-insect eaters sounds reasonable.

Those I’ve seen looked like this. I may be a city boy, but in spite of this I don’t tend to make silly mistakes in verb tenses and articles :wink:

povorotit

Let’s say I had a guess about its purpose, but likewise I’ve never seen this kind of it.

fair enough, also when it lays around just like that it’s pretty out of context.

1 Like

Unless you watched old westerns and old movies with it hanging on the wall next to the horse stalls.
This version is meant for pulling cargo wagons, stage coaches or ploughs. To spread the forces over more of the horses chest and reduce bruises, blisters and strain. Simple, yet not be so elaborate.

I for that matter, never watched western and in movies I never paid much attention to stuff like this.
It was just that one time I saw something like this when a horse pulled a carriage, when this stucked in my mind.

I just meant that not knowing what a certain thing is, doesn’t mean it has something to do with “city or country boy”

1 Like

true . I never was a city boy. My dad was Coast Guard and made sure we never were in an urban area.
Being American I did watch a lot of the things I mentioned and got to see them in Museums and restaurants( themed)

I’m from germany, we have countryside too, but the closest I came to this sadly was during vacation on a camping site with a caravan.
It must have been lovely to grow up like this!

Spent 23 months in SW Germany way before you were born ( USAF)

That’s awesome, where have you been?
I’m from the north an hour drive away from denmark.

Where can you see that? O.O