What do bath houses do?

I’ve only been playing this game for a few hours now and I have just started the quest awakening and I noticed there was a bath house nearby, but unfortunately if I try and wash my clothes the bathhouse owner will take my money, but nothing will happen. When I pay for the service it just goes to a black screen and I hear the noise of washing, but my clothes are still dirty afterwards. I don’t get the time passing screen or anything. I don’t want to have to start again because it has taken me hours just to get to this point.

I love the game so far, but I have seen many other minor bugs. this is the first one which has caused me to stop playing because I don’t want to play the whole game not being able to wash my clothes. I’m playing on PS4 Pro.

You don’t get to have a time passage with the laundry only option. It is supposed to go black for a few sections as the game do your stuff without the clock. Also Unless your really filthy you won’t see too much of a difference except mebbe some of your plate armor ( if wearing) and/or helm is a bit shinier and no wetness will show.
Now if you select the whole treatment with a maid also then ya , you get the clock and sounds of…….enjoyment.

If you select laundry and healing then you get the click .At then end of the countdown you all done.

But, I took a screenshot of my inventory before and after using the bath house and all my clothing had the same condition. Some items were 0% and they didn’t even go up. Are you saying that the bath house doesn’t actually improve the condition of your clothing, but just makes them look cleaner? I noticed that before i used the bath house i had some blood on my clothes, but that was gone afterwards.

So what I’m asking is, at the bathhouse do they just make your clothes clean and not actually repair and improve the condition of them? I know this game is supposed to be super realistic, so thinking about it, I guess that makes sense, but if that is the case what is the point of using the bath house and is there a way to actually repair my clothing because at the moment it is full of rips and tears.

Ok the bath house is my area of expertise. Try repairing fhe armor this time and see if its clean. I think you are washing severly damaged armor.

“That’s like pouring perfume on a pig.”

Heres how things worked back then:

Tailors reparied your clothing, leather.
Armorers repaired your heavy armor.
Cobblers repaired your shoes Although many a time I was drunk playing and kept yelling at that guy because he had no pies at the shoe stores.
Blacksmiths repair weapons.
Bath houses repair your willy…

3 Likes

I think I understand now anyway, as far as I can tell if you get your clothes laundered at the bath house, they will just clean off any dirt, blood etc. (more than you can do by simply washing in a trough) , but in order to actually repair the condition of clothing you have to take your clothes to a tailor or buy a repair kit and repair them yourself. Am I right in thinking that?

As for getting them to repair armour, I don’t really have any at the moment as I’m not very far into the game. I have some plate couters for the elbows, but they don’t seem to get repaired either. I also tried getting them to repair my willy, but I didn’t have enough coin so I tried haggling with the bathmaids, but they said I had to pay in advance and that’s not how I roll.

you are correct. Laundry is just dirt/blood cleaning Also for an extra fee laundry and health concerns taken care of. As to willie repair there is a perk you can get later that lets you get it for free.

Blacksmith can repair some armor but some of the best if totally trashed is to be done by an Armor smith in Rattay or Sassau.
Repair kits for clothing, armor, weapons, shoes, are dependent on your repair skill. The higher your skill the more damaged a item is that you can repair.
As to Haggling , sounds like your haggling skill isn’t too high an needs to be improved. Before the Perk I mention I could haggle the Bath house Owner ( not the maid).

1 Like

Ok thanks for the help!

You get clean

spoiler : it cleans your clothes, and/or heal your wounds, andor give you a sex buff (happiness), and/or saves your game.

Having the perk to get everything for free there
I use the bathhouses as my homes now.

In the morning I can now enter the world satisfied, freshly washed and fed.
What a start to the day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How do you get that perk?

Speech -> Troubadour Perk.
Don’t remember at wich level its available.

Ok, thanks

The best perk of the game!