What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Im sure they have said there is going to be a player home but that you can’t just buy any house you want. Hopefully the player home will get upgraded as you go from blacksmith to knight.

2 Likes

I don’t want hunting to be too much of a challenge. Every time I go deer hunting it turns into an epic, 3 hour boss battle, bad times. Maybe if you don’t hit your target in the head or heart first time, it could turn to attack you or if it runs off it leaves a blood trail for you to follow. This might be a bit deep but depending on where your arrow hit the animal the trail’s length is changed.

2 Likes

Me personaly dont care mutch about combat and i dont care at all about crafting. What i care about is story and my ability to change story/game world with my actions. I could basicaly quote scabss’s post and put my signature under it.

I am big fan of Witcher games and Witcher in general. I would be very happy if my decisions in game had consequences on game world, consequences i maybe coudnt see right away. For example I am siting in village tavern when solders arive and they want to bring me to theyr Lord, if i resist and defend myself, then later in game i would find that village burned down because Lord wanted punish villagers for loss of his solders. (if you go along quietly village would be spered and you would have chance to escape later or just stand your ground before Lord, maybe he just wants to wish you happy birthsday)
Exactly this kind of consequnces i want to see in game!! :slight_smile:

But other then that, i would like to see lot of social interaction and and little side social quests that woudnt have game changing qualities but could show atmosphere of despair/hopelessnes of war torn countryside and give you ability help individual people just for good feeling or exploit them even further. Of course even these small things coul come back later and bit you in the behind because no good deed goes unpunished!

12 Likes

I would like see a real combat. Not too fast but neither too long. With a little tactical options.

I would like to see a realistic hunting system that has realistic animal behaviour like for example in the game “The hunter”. As of yet, no game out there has actually come up with a realistic hunting system, either the whole dang world is filled with animals or you can simply walk up to them and hit them with a flipping bat. I want the system to require you to spent at least half an hour tracking and killing animals to sell in the market. I don’t want hunting to feel like grinding.

15 Likes

+1 … also would love a lengthy hunt… would make the pay-off so much greater…

3 Likes

Hi, I pledged to this project, because there is clear intention to be different from today’s mainstream games. I am really tired of good looking games with linear story, keeping you on lead, challenges where you have nothing to loose. I am also very happy that there focus on realistic combat system.
I would like to see:

• Combat system which focuses mainly on weapon attributes like move set, range, speed rather than on stats they carry. I think this was best shown in Dark Souls. Weapon’s are better in different scenarios because of their speed and size, horizontal/vertical attack, not because they have +xxx strength/magic/pokemonpower.

• Leveling and training system( whatever type of progression it will be, it does not matter) , which you will value, not just earned by currency or only clicking on trainer. Could be done via crafting new weapon, getting valuable material, training new ability, finding skilled trainer… but it should be earned by completing some challenge, maybe not alone.
    Not everybody has to be best, have best items… just becaused he bought game

• And most important is that in game you have to be able to loose something for playing bad (items, stats whatever).
    Like in real life , more you loose , more you will value what you earn :slight_smile: My best PvP in game was in text MUD with no graphics. Simply for the fact that i could loose all, but if i succeeded I could loot and earn a lot. It motivates people to cooperate also.

6 Likes

I would like to see armor system, which would be working with different layers of armor. For example you could wear a different gambeson and different chainmail on the top. And even then you would be able to add a tabard for example. Is that possible?

Then I would love some diversity of shields. Like: Buckler is useless against projectiles, but great for duels and finesses (some swashbucklering). Bigger shields are better for fighting in formations and in battles. That would be great.

1 Like

Please do not make every character looking nice , smooth skin , pretty faces like we are all brainwashed in TV. I believe, especially people in 15th century didn’t look like that. People should look realistic, more like your creative director than in the trailer, if you know what i mean :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Speaking for every male player out there, some elaboration on the claim of “seducing local women” would be appreciated, for purely immersive reasons of course.
For the love of god no paid DLC
Tactile feel to the combat, instead of feeling like swinging a stick through custard as in the likes of skyrim.
realistic hunting, and realistic damage models, no shooting someone in the eye for next to no damage because they are a level higher than you.

7 Likes

Personally I would like to see modification tools. :smiley:

2 Likes

I would love to see hit boxes for the archery system! Rather than “Oh I hit him in the foot with my powerful bow, he must be dead now” but actually realistic systems of damage depending on where you are hit.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like the idea of an actual arena as seen in other games. A tournament used to be a big event, being held on special occasions only. IMHO If anything should be accessible throughout the game, it should be just some kind of training ground.

I fully agree that tournaments are a huge thing. I was under the impression that the game is not stuck in the year 1403. As such as time goes on, periodically holding a tournament would be okay.

Perhaps the use of the word arena was too vague. I merely meant it as a setting rather than adding the implications of an arena from other games.

I also like the idea of training ground. Improving skills to be applied to real combat or a tournament (if implemented).

2 Likes

I would like to have a system with dynamic seasons, having an influence on travel speed, horse riding etc. and if you have somnething like survival skills… wearing iron armor when it is REALLY cold is not such a good idea, I guess…

Ahh and a Forum with a better performance :wink:

5 Likes

Whatever the game ultimately will be, I hope it will be as realistic as the game mechanics permit.

3 Likes

I would like to see motion capture :smile: hope they will get 700k

1 Like

I agree with all of this! As soon as I saw this game I was super excited! I’d love the for the world to be even bigger. I just love exploring in these games, its one of my favourite parts!

1 Like

It is not as bad to wear an iron armor in winter as it is in summer, trust me :wink:

2 Likes

I think I would like most to see a solid sticking to historical accuracy in some areas that all too often get short shrift. Things like

• The fact that armor works. A cut form a sword doesn’t tend to cleave through chainmail or helmets that easily.
  • The primary battlefield weapon wasn’t the sword, but polearms. Swords were a sidearm weapon, much like a soldier might carry a pistol as a backup to their rifle today.
  • Historical weapon techniques. It sound like Warhorse has already done some work with historical European martial artists in their area, so I certainly hope they follow up with that really well.

Outside of that, however, I also hope they don’t limit themselves too much by supporting consoles. There are so many exciting things happening on the PC front, especially with things like the Oculus Rift, Stem system, PrioVR and so on, that I believe will be adding whole new realms of possibility in gaming that if the Warhorse folks at least make sure to somewhat keep those things in mind and not constrain their control schemes to console-style game controller only that could be a good thing, IMHO.

8 Likes