What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Yes RDR was and is a great game.

No Treasure hunts tho, maybe thief qualities like they have shown would be to your liking. Steal silver Smelt the silver Sell the silver.

There would be some problems with this option, considering realism. I can think of two now:

1. In shield wall, there would a gap between shields. It is a real problem in Roman reenactment.
  2. Two fighters with sword and shield, one left-handed, second right handed: When either of these strikes, blocking oponent can quickly cut his arm off.
1 Like

For me personally I would be excited if the skill-based mini-games they mentioned had depth to them. What I mean is, if I were to craft a sword I would want to be able to go through the entire process of crafting with the option to fail and be unable to complete the sword rather than just a mini-game of sharpening a finished product. This idea can be applied to any crafting/collecting mini-game Warhorse might implement.

I would have to agree with @WAFFLE_IJM suggestion about the jousting tournament. I think holding a tourney after a large victory in battle or something like that would be quite a bit of fun to try competing in the different things held at such a large tournament. Jousting, sword-fighting, archery, etc.

Last of all I want to congratulate Warhorse for making such a great looking game so far and I cannot wait to play the finished product.

2 Likes

Simply put: quality over quantity and deep game systems.

1 Like
  • sexuality (not to be immediatelyconfused with nudity or physical sex)
  • a strong narrative with well done player agency
  • a believable and living world based on historical facts
  • a preferably physically correct wound and blood system (also affects the clothes/armor)
2 Likes

I loved the wagering minigames from Witcher and RDR (poker, liarā€™s dice, horseshoes, five finger fillet, dice poker, etc). I think having gambling games based on historically accurate games would be awesome!

2 Likes

An FOV (Field of View) Slider would be vital, especially for those players who suffer from motion sickness caused by narrow FOVā€™s, as well as the rest of us that just want to increase our situational awareness and have the hardware to cope with the extra objects on screen.

4 Likes

I would like to see Lance combat like in Mount and Blade, Lance combat is very important to being a knight and seeing a game as beautiful as this without a huge part of being a knight would be sad.

1 Like

Yeah, lance combat and jousting in tournament would be great. :smiley:

5 Likes

Wenches. Realistic and awesome.

5 Likes

Something Iā€™d love to see (and that I think nobody came up with it yet) is to have the healthcare be as it was back at that time, so doctors would use leeches and bloodletting and other medieval medecine as treatments.They would believe it works (and so would your character) but depending on what was the treatment was, it could instead damage the characterā€™s health (example, if you use leeches, you could contract an infection).

I think it would help for the immersion and the accuracy of the game while doing something quite different from most RPGs and adding a challenge (in the form of choosing to use doctorā€™s treatments or take the chance to let the wound heal itself).

There could also be women or men trained in a different art of healing (one that works) but, because it would be considered witchcraft, so they would have to hide their talent and you must seek them out. Arabic physicians could work too, as Iā€™ve read somewhere they had a better knowledge of medicine in Middle East than in Europe during the middle age.

Considering the lenght the game developpers go to make Ā«Kingdom Come : DeliveranceĀ» as accurate as possible, it might be an interesting idea.

4 Likes

Mature combat! Please donā€™t let it feel & look like most ā€œcasualā€ games out there. It should be rough & violent. Let this be as intense as ā€œSaving Private Ryanā€, just with melee weapons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do like the idea of customization of weapons and armors, being that what you craft you can the design of it. However the idea of slow motion seems a tad silly, even though you explain that it does occur in real life it might just break the immersion of the swordplay of the game.

I mentioned the treasure hunts more because they were a great way to test your knowledge of the game area. Recognising a particular tree or wall in a sketch because of how well you know the game area was particularly satisfying.

Humour!

Donā€™t let it be one of those super realistic hard-boiled games which take themselves way too seriousā€¦

10 Likes

I fear that this is indeed unrealistic. Even 100 years ago left handed people were trained at young ages to use the right hand for writing for example. To use the left hand for stuff was actually a sign of the devilā€¦

It would be nice if it was lengthy. But with a lengthy hunt they would need to make the reward much higher as well. That is the balance. A single large buck should provide plenty of meat for a while. If they increase the reward in meat/skin/antlers or whatever then hunting for 30mins or more would be perfect.

I like your idea about the realistic weapon damage on various body parts. It is one thing that has always bothered me in any FPS style game, or even RPGs that have ā€œbody damageā€ hit boxes yet the damage never effects anything the enemy can do in return.

I feel if someone is shot in the leg with a ranged weapon, then their movement should be impaired and their combat effectiveness should be reduced as well. Same applies to arms and even glancing blows to an armored head should cause some type of hindrance to the opponent.

2 Likes

First of all, I love the avatarā€¦ Klaus Kinski was a brilliant mad man, and that is his best movie!

All your ideas x 9000. Love it all.
To add to it:
If you decide to play a nasty psychopath lord who doesnā€™t hesitate to imprison and torture peopleā€¦ walking among the streets should elicit a fearful yet subtle response where people not necessarily run away from you, but rather looks sternly down into the ground to avoid eye contact, and try to focus on their work while slowly shuffling away from the lordā€™s eyes as much as possible.

If you play a nice lord, you should get friendly, subtly inspired smiles - in aweā€¦ the loyal look in their faces that show ā€œthey will follow you to the gates of hell and back.ā€

There should definitely be more contrasts in the worldā€¦ not just everyone looking dirty, or everyone looking poor. By the way, since the game is set after the Black Death, the lower classes would have started dressing up in colorful clothing. In fact, the aristocracies of Europe was so worried about this trend that they started banning certain textiles being worn by the lower classes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dental hygiene in the middle ages:
Paradoxically Black teeth (tartar plaque) is something you would see on the wealthiest people, and not the poor. Only the very wealthy could afford sugar, and they actually wore their blackened teeth with pride. The poor would sometimes blacken their teeth with soot or charcoal to ā€œappearā€ more like the wealthy. Especially after the Black Death had decimated much of Europeā€™s population, and the poor having started wearing colorful garments.

Death should be omnipresent, in one form or anotherā€¦

Social psychology, morale as in the Total War games would be great. I really donā€™t want to see cities completely empty if I decide to make a surprise attack on it. Soldiers rampaging through the city, civilians fleeing for their lives. I think we should obviously not include children into the mix, as thatā€™s just bad taste. But I prefer the mature setting to be authentic and not sterilized.

7 Likes

As someones already said, more gore/blood.

Noticed in the videos there was slashes going around which would most certainly cause blood.

Whether itā€™s because they are wearing a thick leather body armor I donā€™t know!

Makes you feel more badass when you actually see the enemy bleeding to be honestā€¦

2 Likes