What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

I would prefer that maybe ingame when you reach a certain level of society (nobile level) you have the possibility to go hunting with other nobiles, including dogs, hawks depends on wich kind of animal. Certainly you can make some nice fur for your clothes then…

What I would like to see in the game:

• seduction and flirt-like interactions with women as a minigame or as a part of some quests
  • music play on some instrument to get attention, money, friendship etc
  • fame in colorfull way, not just simple: fame based on your desicions and previous actions: popluarity among nobility, church, low social class people (like Robin Hood - if u helped poor ones), among women, among musicians, thiefs etc. something like aura which goes with u and creates reactions from evniroment - u see it in the faces of people: disgust, love, admiration, fear… Some people just run away instead of fight with u; trust of animals if u are non-violent person: u can domesticate them or they dont run away if u are close; but of course this aura should be combinated with your dress, hygiene etc. so u can use a social mask and hide your aura a little, or support your characterictics in some way (your fame of warrior + great helmet makes your enemies to tremble in fear without any words…); there should be some ability to influence, change this aura - acting skill or something like this- thief hero would need this; this combination of aura and masking will create immersion to social world, which sholud be primary in “realistic and non-magic” world
  • option to have your own servants or friends who helps u in battle or can do some simple jobs for u: like gaining food or something, because u want to miss time on that routine-work; u hire them or buy them or u gain them as a result of some quest; u can hire an actor who will say stories about u in a town, which help u to influence your fame in some way; i speak about later parts of game, when u are more developed and on a higher “level”
  • dont forget that pure water was not used so often to drink in that time, because pople were afraid of diseases; they drunk a beer and wine very often; half of people and soldiers could be permenently partly drunk or in hangover
  • middleages were full of work and movements; if u are not a noble, u work the whole day, not just sitting and watching sky. every body does something whole day, go somewherere, use his tools to repair something, everybody is in a movement, very energetic and strong: to do nothing means to die. so i hope u will not go through a city and seeing just standing people gazing on u. nobody cares about u - u are nothing, just a redneck at the begining of the game; everybody is nothing, only a piece of shit, as well as u and everybody is in a motion, in a struggle for surviving next day; people are like working animals, lake a cattle, but very vital, strong, living, laughing, brave.
  • death should be present often: ill people, dying people, people who dont look good, bud rather ugly and dirty. and in that shit u of course meet somtimes some gems which shine so brighlty in a contrast: beutiful rich prostitute (in clear dress or partly naked), a bishop with his procession and purple dress: the CONTRAST between dark and light make the world fascinating!
  • a little of social psychology: mass panic spread through town, when army or fire is coming, people screaming, running, with fear in their eyes: chaos. create chaos in pubs, streets, markets, where u are lost: thats a living world.
12 Likes

This, and I would take it a step further and campaign for complete historical accuracy, right down to the very details.

2 Likes

A writable book/journal on your adventures.

3 Likes

I love the idea of hiring people to do chores for you. A great way to make you really feel like your moving up in the world. Plus it would help with immersion, hunting for pleasure rather that necessity is a prime example.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people do not want multiplayer in the game, but i do not want 16v16 multiplayer, i want a simple co-op. or atleast the opportunity to create a co-op mod after the game is released.

I am hoping to see lots of great writing, choices where there is neither a overtly good nor evil outcome (ie the Witcher) and many dialogue options for the Bard class. Whenever I play RPGs, I generally choose the the thief class just because it allows for more choices to solve scenarios, or to go to areas that you previously wouldn’t be able to access. So I am hoping to see lots of great things from the Bard’s POV.

5 Likes

I think there should be unforseen twists, and really hard decisions, where you have to fight with yourself, because you can’t just say “OK this one’s evil and this one’s good.” and instead you have to decide in what way you become a collossal a-hole.
It really bothers me in most games, that you can be a good guy all through the story arc, without once getting into a moral dilemma, because I think those dilemmas make for a deeper immersion and relating to the character you’re playing.

2 Likes

I don’t think a boss fight would be ideal. I mean, it’s meant to be a realistic interpretation. Boss fights will kind of remove us from that immersion

3 Likes

What would make this game awesome, in my opinion, is the addition of manuscripts in some way or another. It would be great if some quests required the hero to visit, let’s say, a monastery or a library or a noble house to look up something in a manuscript, pages of which the players would actually be able to see. It could be a prophecy or information on a beast (e.g. from a bestiary) or an adversary (history book). Or a quest could be about finding a rare or a prohibited book and either transfer it, sell it, or burn it. Or even it would be amazing if my character could write and send messages and letters and stuff. Any of these would positively enhance my game experience, making it more medieval for me, but also the narrative aspect of the game.

2 Likes

I would love to see many different weapons, each with its own combat mechanics: swords, daggers, maces, axes, spears and polearms (specially the latter, since I don’t think I 've seen anything about them yet). Of course, the combination weapon/shield has to be done right, so if you have a hand-and-a-half sword, you have the option of using it with both hands, or with a shield. The combat needs to be challenging and varied. Mount and Blade is a good example of how to do things, but it needs to be improved as well.

I would definitely love to see gore. With such amazing fighting mechanics it will be godlike.

2 Likes

I would like a very heavy focus on story-telling, dialogues, and seeing interesting characters. I would like to be able to finish the game without having to fight anyone, if I don’t want to. Sort of like the Fallout series.

I would like to be involved in and see some interesting social situations.

4 Likes

Either option to play a left-handed character,
or foes who are left-handed. Too rare in games for some reason.

2 Likes

Here is few thing I want to see in KC:D

1. Customization not only on layer of Clothing, also wide range of coat of arm/crest on surcoat/tabard/chest plate.
  2. Custom sword forging combination: You can choose wide blade for better cutting or thin blade of better thrust, with curve crossguard or crucify crossguard, custom colored grip, and along with different type of pommel such as wheel pommel and fish tail pommel.

(Disclaimer: I don’t own the pic. All credit goes to Oak

I would really like to see destructible: houses, enviroment, items, basically anything in the game to be able to be destroyed.

I would also like dismemberment much like in M&M Dark Messiah

I would also like people to freak out if I jump up on the table and start kicking everything down, much like everyone have done while skyrim

1 Like

how about a secret ingame blade called something like “the other hand” with engraving in latin (death is certain in the other hand), does nearly fuck all in the right hand but if you put in in the left hand it does dammage like a glowing blade rather than a regular blade, because we all know glowing blades are more deadly.

Some kind of Housing!
Like buy a Castle / Or build up an own!

5 Likes

Maybe instead of having a journal that says what your current quest is that auto updates and stuff, you actually have to write things down yourself to remember things and you have to actually use a inkwell and quill feather for it

I would definitely like to see many colorful quests (I mean I wouldn’t mind spending couple of hours solving a side quest not related to the main story line, if it is interesting and original).
Also I sincerely hope for a realistic world, which was pretty rough in the beginning of 15th century - I don’t think people used to smile on a stranger at their doorsteps :wink:

Anyway good luck Warhorse, looking forward to future updates!

3 Likes