What does everyone think of For Honor?

Its slow, pick one of 3 directions, basically stuck in range with no real movement. I don’t get how its not basic.

Speed depends on your class. You can move whenever you like, you need to back up to regain stamina, and some classes rely on running away or moving back, and dodging instead of blocking. It sounds like you chose a slower class and didn’t try others.

No im just referring to the movement ability in the actual lock on combat mode. Yes you can back up and sprint around but at some point when you are both there locked, its just toe to toe with a 3 direction attack that is pretty easy to read. The attacks are made slow and easy to see so you can block. I didn’t see anyone i was fighting with much faster attacks that were harder to defend. Ill keep giving it a try until beta is done, but I don’t see a reason to buy it at full price just yet.

Hello there. I’m not a Ubisoft fan at all, I think their games are repetitive and I guess most of their budget go to advertising. Usually fun games for the first hours, and then it’s just the same thing over and over.
But I don’t think this game is bad at all. I think the combat system is pretty good; it’s not easy nor lacking in depth; there are a lot of special abilities, fast and slow attacks, feints, dodges, you can roll in and out of combat, ripostes and a load of other stuff.
Maybe the base system is simple, but that doesn’t mean anything wrong with the game.
And no, the attacks aren’t slow and easy at all. That’s only if you don’t know how to fight. it’s a pity the beta ended already, but otherwise I could have shown you how much of an actual skill cap this game has.
That being said, The story will probably be bland, and the main problem (for me) is not the combat one on one: because is quite good, the problem is that one on one focus in a multiplayer battle. As much as flawed War of the Roses was, it made you felt like you were in an actual battlefield, this game just doesn’t work in that regard, and fighting against two opponents doesn’t feel like an awesome feat when you win, it’s just frustrating.
So it’s always a duel, and then another duel etc. That’s IMO the biggest flaw. It’s just an ornate medieval tekken, and it will get old fast unless it adds loads of new classes, tournaments, ranked ladder and the Esports focus.
But really, I haven’t had so much fun in a multiplayer combat game since the good old WOTR times with the clan battles and those skill based duels and skirmishes. The problem is how long would the fun actually last.
It’s not worth 60 bucks. There are virtually no games worth that much IMHO.

1 Like