What does everyone think of For Honor?

The open beta has begun. I started having massive connection issues, but BEFORE that, I really liked it.

A lot 0_0

1 Like

Wasn’t a fan. Didn’t like how the combat holds your hand by having the attack indicator, (cause i guess using your eyes is too hard), and for Ubisoft hyping it up as super realistic it was pretty far from it.

The Samurai with his katana also seemed op, but i haven’t played it since the closed beta. Price is also way too high for the amount of content being offered.

:C

It’s more realistic than most, so you could say it’s relatively super realistic XD

I think that depends on what you’re comparing it to. It seems to be compared to games like Mount&Blade, Chivalry, War of the roses, ect. I think it’s quite far behind those titles in realism. Plus didn’t Ubisoft claim it was the most realistic combat system ever?

1 Like

I hope they didn’t say that:P

1 Like

I’ll see if i can find it. I’m pretty sure it was in one of the first gameplay videos they showed, might have been the one shown at E3.

I like it but it gets boring doing the same thing over and over again.

Well, what doesn´t… :slight_smile:
You could probably say that about every moba/online fps

1 Like

I do not like it whatsoever (on ps4).
The block controls are clunky. I can never block enemy player but ai are no problem.
Players can strike faster than me and by the time i can block i cant riposite because they attack again.
On domination or whatever it is, i always get teamed up on with two or more people. Then enemy team stays in spawn and times our death correctly so its just 4 v1 or 2 every time.
Everyone seems to use the ninja knight on duels? Maybe just bad coincedence.
DEFINETLY NOT ENOUGH CONTENT FOR $60. IMO there has been no game worth that much money… Except KCD

1 Like

It’s totally fake. A total disaster. So sad! But it’s historically accurate… that’s an alternative fact. Period.

6 Likes

For honor like other ubisoft games will be repetitive experience so i dont have much hope.KCD will take its place because each mission is unique and fresh.

Well they’re different genres entirely. As someone else said, this is “repetitive” in the same way all FPS and MOBA’s are.

Although they are different but both are medeival and focus on combat

Not totally true with KC:D, the team has always stood by there being multiple ways to resolve quests and conflicts without resorting to combat.

The complex and High focus of realistic combat techniques however make the combat a great selling point.

One must not forget there is a story mission where we will have the option to live with some monks.

RPG Elements FTW.

As for, For Honor. I opted out of the open beta after watching some gameplay. The pandering to SJW’s with the over abundance of female warriors, on top of the already cartoonish finish moves I had to take a pass.

It will be all the craze for a few months like most AAA titles the last decade and then will die off for the next title that was over hyped.

3 Likes

it’s war of the roses with better animations, and more cartoony, anachronistic, nonsensical armor. ie vikings in iron lamellar fighting quasi samurais. it just screams bland casual game for the lowest denominator.

4 Likes

The lowest common denominator hasn’t stopped complaining that they can’t just button mash, and have to actually learn:)

1 Like

Tried the beta, didn’t enjoy it. Picked the knights to play as, couldn’t stop thinking about how much better it would look with realistic weapons and armor.

I agree with you there. The samurai got pretty realistic weapons, but we knights got MMO style poles…

The combat was extremely basic for a game thats all about pvp combat. It seems like any sp stuff will be just easily killing hoards. It was ok but im not really excited about it anymore. Honestly dark souls pvp is more interesting.

I really don’t know what you mean, how is it basic compared to other PVP combat? At all?