What GPU for nearly maxed settings?

Budget 320 euro. I’m planning to put 2x 970 sli or gtx 980ti. I wonder if this game will run at max LOD and max Object Distance rendering + 8x msaa and all other maxed settings without shadows and vegetation ?

pc specs: 8gb ram i7 2600k 4.7 mhz Rog z68 motherboard
P.S ram is cheap in my area. 16gb only 46 euro

Something even or above GTX 1070.

Yeah, I’d say Titan V should be fine.

1 Like

can’t buy 1070 too expensive here they go for 430

I doubt that you need max settings for LODs, obj dist etc. They are probably well above what is needed for ‘excellent’ IQ, and merely wasteful of compute cycles.

It also depends on the frame rate you want, and resolutions.

1080p, before i played it at 23 fps so I guess 30+ is ok for me with high settings.

Gtx 1060 is good for 1080p. it gives the performance of gtx 980 and handles most of games at ultra settings.

1 Like

"For max out details it would be 1080."
KCD is amongst 5 most demanding upcoming games on game-debate. The most demanding should be DRAGON BALL FighterZ and second KCD, followed by games like Pure Farming 2018, Far Cry 5 & Sea of Thieves.

Fingers crossed that this game will run in general with something at everything max (30 fps). Warhorse don’t you dare to downgrade graphics :stuck_out_tongue:

Tobi mentioned in one interview that he plays it on high settings smoothly with a gtx 970.

Forget sli. Period.

Spend what you can spend, and then put your resolution and detail settings at a frame rate you can handle. They will aim for the game to run well on 970/1060/480 because those are incredibly popular cards and making it require more than that would alienate too many people.

One of your main problems is that anything above a 970 and your CPU will be at least partially a bottleneck.

The beta runs like crap with any hardware, but it’s more than a year old now, and the final product will presumably run a lot better. Of course no one knows for sure until release.

Not long now.

Can you link what interview?

nah my cpu is ok, 4.7 ghz wont bottleneck.

Compared to a modern CPU, yes, it will. At the 970 level, you’ll be fine. Beyond that the average frame rate difference can be as much as 20% compared to a 7700k or higher. Not to mention all the 1% lows, which are arguably more important than the average.

Another troll. I saw that interview long time ago and somehow everyone now claims the statements that he runs his game on high settings and 60FPS. He says the game runs great.

1 Like

Someone is using bottleneck calculators lol. assuming that this game will never run at 144 fps I think i7 8700k shouldn’t be priority in this case. Min FPS will always occur, and CPU wont help. Significant difference can only be noticed if you want to maintain over 60 fps Average. Thats why i doubt that my CPU will ever needs upgrade.