What is the recipe for Lentil soup?

Im asian east asian dude just wondering what is the recipe for it I wanted to taste the burger of spongebob but it doesnt exist in real life dont break my heart doesnt matter if its not restaurant quality pls post your recipe here I WOULD LOVED TO TASTE IT FOR REAL!!!

Here you go…

Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped (white, brown, yellow)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large carrot, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
2 cups / 400g dried lentils, green (or brown), rinsed and drained
400g / 14 oz crushed tomato
1.5 litres / 1.5 quarts / 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock / broth
1/2 tsp each cumin and coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika powder
2 dried bay leaves
1 lemon (zest + juice)
Salt and pepper,To Serve
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Warm bread, to serve

Instructions

Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes.

Add celery and carrot. Cook for 7 - 10 minutes or until softened and the onion is sweet. Don’t rush this step, it is key to the flavour base of the soup.

Add all remaining ingredients except the lemon and salt. Stir.

Increase heat and bring to simmer. Scoop scum on the surface off and discard (do this again during cooking if required). Place lid on and turn heat down to medium low. Simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until lentils are soft.

Thicken Soup: Using a stick blender, do 2 or 3 quick whizzes to thicken the soup (see video below). Or transfer 2 cups to a blender, let it cool slightly, then hold lid with tea towel and blend then transfer back into pot.

Add a touch of water if you want to adjust soup consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Grate over the zest of the lemon then add a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with warm crusty bread slathered liberally with butter!

2 Likes

Even better…POTTAGE!

Only Terry Gilliam of Monty Python fame can rock Pottage the way it should be gastronomically codified by the massess :smile:

pottage making starts around 12:52 but the whole clip (one of several really awesome series on medieval life) is really great to watch

Thanks for sharing, now I want to try this too :smiley: