What we know about modding (so far)

@fireundubh @mercuito @BlickMang @sukovf @TarekJor
Thanks for your very valuable new informations here on this thread!

Yesterday they announced an official Wiki Site for KCD on Nexusmods.
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php?title=Category:Kingdom_Come_Deliverance

We can find hopefully soon a way that we don’t have to override the complete .XML file, instead just adding the related row to the .XML file within the mod which should be changed . This would increase the compatibility between Mods a lot. If this is even possible.

As at the moment lots of Mods change for example only a few lines in Libs\Tables\rpg\rpg_param.xml, but as they use the whole .XML file, these mods are highly incompatible to each other and the player has to merge them manually.

Even the new Mod loading order which is described in the new Wiki page wouldn’t solve this problem if each Mod has the complete .XML file included, as then only the last one will be loaded and overwrites all others.

1 Like

I see what you mean… What i gather from the wiki is that tere is an order but the mods still override the game’s files. So unless they will be ‘merged’ before overriding, this will solve nothing. Curious to see how this will work out.

The .tbl decoder script is useful though.

Hello,

I’m looking to change some game values, like price, weight and other stats for various items, in attempt to mod some economy…

I couldn’t figure how the “price” and “weight” values are formatted… They have strange numeric-only values, like “13900” price, and “4.866667” for weight.
Do someone know wich calcultation to do for translate to correct ingame values ?

I saw everything explained about RPG_parameters, but nothing about items… :confused:

EDIT : I found there is no special coding, its :

• Price = 0.1 x “price” param (price=“255” > 25.5 Groschens for example)
  • Weight= final weight, rounded up or down to the closest decimal (2.6667 > 2.7 for example).
1 Like

Why would they use rounding… that doesnt really mke sense honestly, this does however explain why the weight doesnt add up in the inventory screen. (lower than it should be etc. general strange behaviour)

Since those raw values are not so common in the file, I presume it’s some “old ones” remaining, since the vast majority are correctly rounded to one decimal in the xml.

As we know the new patch 1.3.* integrated the new Mod loading system.
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Modding_guide_for_KCD

I saw several updated mods which still include a zero *.tbl file in their mods. But some other updated mods don’t have anymore a zero *.tbl file included.

I made also some tests with an edited rpg_param.xml and I still had to include a zero rpg_param.tbl in my mod that the changes will be applied into the game.

What is your experience with including still or not anymore a zero *.tbl in your mods?

1 Like

Is there any Mask or Hoods that was cut from the Game? ANy unique armor or outfits cut? Skyrim and FO was known for doing this.

Also, How can we edit jumping height?

if there is something that i can do for you guyz, specially in the music… ill be happy to help :slight_smile:

There is a user.cfg setting that will allow you to load mods without zero-byte TBL files:

wh_sys_PreferredDB = XML,TBL (default priority: TBL,XML)

But players won’t do it. I tried. Easier to just include the TBL files.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot fireundubh for this helpful setting which we can use in our user.cfg. Yes for released mods it’s certainly easier for the players if we modders just include the zero-byte TBL files.

Hey, does anyone know what editing the options related to color in the armor.xml does? I’m trying to edit a red hood to make it a deeper and darker red.

You need to change the colors in the texture.

I’m pretty sure the color information in the XML is only for the editor.

I’m completely lost when it comes to editing textures and models, haha. Thanks for the help! I was trying to change the color stuff in the XML and only managed to get half of the hood be darker than the other.

I want to alter some (or a lot) of the games models, has anyone found a reliable way to export the meshes out to an external program?
Sorry if that has been answered already. If someone already succeeded in doing that and would be willing to share the files that would work too.

1 Like

Well you can set up an NPC in the sanbox editor then export him as an obj through the engine or use a ripping tool like ninjaripper. I would recommend using a ripper because if you use CE exporter, it exports as one model. You will have to re rig the modded armor to the KCD skeleton in Maya or 3ds Max