What Weapon Will You Wield?

I’ll be using a bow as my primary weapon and then maybe a spear two-handed and a longsword, probably a bastard sword or hand-and-a-half

‘‘Whos plume is stupid now, Phil? Huh, whos plume is stupid NOW?!’’

Also: Yeah, Warhammer or similar would be my pick.

1 Like

To get technical aren’t spears one handed weapons because there short, yes they can also be two handed, and pikes are only two handed because the length is way oversize?

Hi!

The classification is length, of course not all spears were the same but it gave an average length:

A spear is often around 8 ft long, being wielded often single handedly in many stances and also with shield.
A Lance is around 11 ft long, being used for both horseback and infantry fighting, on ground a lance is used two handed, in a pike like formation and fighting style, but more agile and elegant than a bendy pole with a pokey bit.
A Pikes were used alot so it covers a large area so it depends on time period, varying from 16 ft, all the way up to 25 ft used to great effect in combat.

EDIT: If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
Warrior Rose

Those were the same thing…

I am looking forward to try the axe, hammer and halberd. I hope that we will be able to get our hands also on improvised weapons made from farming tools too. I understand that this is two decades before Hussite wars, but the game takes place during a civil war and common folk needed to defend themselves too. And the Hussite weapons didn’t just turn out in 1420 out of the blue.

Here are countrymen’s weapons from the Hussite museum in Tábor:

And these were the townfolks’ weapons:

And of course the firearms, which were coming into fashion at the time. As discussed at length here. Early gunpowder weapons?

http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/4298/feab293a115e29a4.jpg

1 Like

I think I’m leaning more towards the bow as my primary… especially after watching the latest video update with our main combat man Viktor getting consistently humbled by the AI knight :laughing: Combat is definitely starting to look bad4ss though. And the bow looked very effective…

Obviously you’d want to compliment the ranged weapon with a short side arm sword, and dagger too… maybe a polearm for mounted close range targets as well?!

I’m pretty excited :blush:

If it’s possible, dual-wielded shields. I kind of like the idea of having one big one for defensive purposes and a lighter buckler-like one for offence.

If that’s not possible. Probably an axe/short sword and shield combo.

I’m thinking a short spear, shield, warhammer, and poignard or rondel dagger of some kind
I’m sure it will take a while to get to that point as it can be a difficult thing to get enough steel and money to either make or have these things made, remember I am assuming we are starting as a poor man who has just lost everything in the medieval era, losing everything you ever owned can be nearly a death sentence in many cases…

a bow or crossbow… bash some bishop’s head in with a lute if i’m lucky

I shall use a single one handed sword. But I’ll probably try and carry two.

I cant wait to try out the archery!

Something heavy and two handed, that I can run around like an idiot with waving over my head preferably.

I would like a Bow Staff, if they aren’t available Ill be sticking with a similar weapon in the pole-arm family.

I want to play like a monk so Ill more then likely be avoiding heavy armored combat or learn to get real good.

Warrior Monk:

What were you saying about avoiding heavy armored combat?

SO tired of the influence of DnD and JRPGs. The idea of the unarmored, bare-fisted monk is ludicrous and frankly, tiring. Even the Shaolin, who everybody seems to want to use as their model, used weapons and armor.

1 Like

Perhaps he would prefer illuminating books and brewing some ale?

2 Likes

Cute Pick of a paladin. I never Stated they didn’t use any armor or weapons that was your assumption.

I simply stated that I intend to play as one. as monk being a person drawn towards routes of nonviolence or non-lethal resistance I would be using a Staff.

2 Likes

If possible, concerning looks I will try and make a viking raider/knight hybrid. :smiley:
Mounted, heavy mail, axe/shield and a lance. It will be glorious.

Great Sword is my weapon of choice in these types of games!