What Went Wrong?

So i took a break for a few months after my first play through, confident that Warhorse would have the majority of the now famous bugs worked out before my return. I came back for the new dlc and the bugs ARE WORSE! Objects seem to load in more slowly than they did back at launch, people are still walking around headless! I can still see through buildings!

Worst of all, after deciding to try to ignore the bugs. and nearly completing the dlc, i bent over to loot a cuman and this Henry fell through the map into some kind of white screen hell! My entire 2nd play through save file is totaly gone now. It just disapeared as though it never existed! This was hugely frustrating and dissapointing.

I still REALLY want to love this game which to be fair really says something about its massive potential, but i need you developers at warhorse to meet me somewhere in the middle and at the very least make this thing a stable viable product. I’m hesitant to start a 3rd game now, not because its not fun, but because at any moment all the hours put into it can vanish in an instant!

2 Likes

I dont think ur using latest patch. The heads were fixed ages ago! :joy:

Im on ps4, my patch downloads happen automatically. I promise. You, there were still headless folk. The heads do eventually load in, just as they did after launch, but for a few moments it really breaks immersion.

Lol, when i was doing Pestilence a woman was preying next to her dead husbands bed…but the husbands corpse was floating through her body instead of lying on the bed. The same crazy stuff that should have been fixed by now.

3 Likes

I agree, the recent patch made a lot things worse on the PS4.

2 Likes

I am PC and 1.6 Never had headless people. don’t recall see thru buildings but do have clothing pop ins especially women’s clothes. Floating dead guy; I’ve had but only thru the wall (1.43 &1.5) and perpendicular to his bed(1.6)
I did have my 2nd playline saves disappear in my computer.( at least not showing in the folder).
1.5 seemed more stable than 1.6. My XBONE controller has also picked up again a slight left /right shake for about 2-3 seconds at close up things

2 Likes

Any chance you could make a video proofing you don’t get pop in ? Find it hard to believe, make a video of you either sprinting into a town or on horseback. Nature of the shitty engine though better hardware prob makes it less worse or ssd kinda fixes it but causes big FPS drops.

1 Like

My racing thru Rattay is at 20 FPS 5-8 in some sections so buildings and peoples heads have plenty of time to get made… Running or riding.
4core 4 threading cpu . not optimal for the game.

I dont think im going to go to all the trouble of making a video because im not yet sure that i am going to start a third Henry, but yeah riding a horse into Ratay, Talmborg, ect. was still a super trippy experience.

That second playthrough save was half finished months ago and i just picked it up again a few days ago to jump into the new dlc. Maybe the new patches dont apply to old files?

Not you mate lol, talking to guy above my post which I replied to but it doesn’t quote when they’re above, annoying.

1 Like

You’re on a bad version for PS4 performance. 1.5 was a lot better relative to popins. doesn’t give warm fuzzies but WH is working on it. fwiw, it’s not that they broke something and didn’t know about it as they did in early days of releases. this time they made a change to something else (probably rain) and it resulted in worse popins. In Daniel Vavra’s own words, it was a tradeoff

3 Likes

Frelmedieval knows what he is talking about. The game is far worse now on the PS4 compared to the 1.5 version. So we just need to wait for 1.7 and then continue to play.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but you’d think some standard testing would have made it clear that this particular trade off was clearly not the right move to make.

To be clear, i enjoy the game enough to go out of my way to laugh off the visual bugs, my real problem was that the entire play through save file was deleted. I could have delt with falling through the map and having to replay the last hour since my last save with a few curses and a shake of my head, but to lose the entire play through as though it never happened is not cool in a game with many hours invested.

1 Like

I have headless NPCs on PC since start, it was definitely not fixed and some even report it appearing as new bug.
If you continue your old save in new version of game, you should consider playing new game. That is why you had so many issues.

3 Likes

Must be lying huh??

Its a terrible thing to lose play time much less while playthroughs.

If you don’t already, keep save files trimmed.

2 Likes

No!
PC, no mods….I never had this issue before…now with 1.6: head pop-in at its best -.-

2 Likes

Yeah I just recently finished Pestilence, and that same husband was invisible for me. At first, I thought there was nothing I could do, but out of curiousity, I walked to the bed, and lo and behold I was able to pick her up dead husband and bury him for her!

that dead body has never been fix for all the patches done. .Like they forgot about that one bug.

I saw his body.

i start again last week and today i stop cause after the night raid quest game become unplayable. the pops in in the rattay and other problems from the first half of the game feel like heaven compare to how it is now. ps2 cutscenes. i can see through buildings everywhere. horses on tables, no tents in the camp et cetera. fall under the ground and lost hours of trying to continue through this mess… at the camp after you bring the engineer to build the trebuchet i put the game down again cause i can t play the game in the this stage. i really want to finish it cause i like it but it s a challenge. i wait years for this game and the disappointment is too big. i don t think i will give it a third chance in the couple months. i will never suport warhorse again. you can t present yourself like that especially in 2018 it s a big lack of respect towards the ones that suport you. maybe they not capable to make a proper game and tried their best or just don t care. i don t know but the result is the same

i don t know how game is on pc or xbox but on ps4 is still a nightmare

1 Like