What's in a name?

Hi guys,
Hope this doesn’t come across as a really stupid question, or should I say, hope this doesn’t come across as a question that shows my stupidity…

You have me interested in the name “kingdomcomerpg”. Can you shed some light on where the name came from and whether it means anything in particular?

Thanks in advance.

Matthew 6:10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
People of the time were religious. The war had come and many died so the kingdom of heaven came for them and it was the deliverance of the God s judgment for all the people who believe.

2 Likes

The Lord’s Prayer - said in game

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

[traditional Matthean version without doxology (For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours. Now and for ever. Amen)]

2 Likes

fwiw…
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/a-medieval-prayer-practice-changed-the-lords-prayer-for-me-and-it-might-for-you

As much as I like this game, I do feel that the good devs @ WH are a bit hypocritical. They prominently feature Christianity in their game, even naming the game after the Lord’s Prayer, and yet the people who made the game are far from Christian. They don’t practice what they preach.

Christianity has been both a good and bad influence on our world. Some people’s lives have been changed by it and it made them better as a person. But many others have died in its’ name, or killed in its’ name. I honestly do believe that its’ proper place has come and passed.

I did not post this to start an argument, just as a statement of my personal POV. And, just for proper disclosure’s sake, I am somewhere between atheist and agnostic, I’ve thought on it for years and never really made up my mind. I do have a spiritual practice which consists if meditation, focus, concentration, and yoga, but I am not religious. I did grow up in a Christian family, but see too many flaws in it to be a believer. On the other hand, I have no issue with Christians as long as they dont push their faith on me. Live and let live.

I don’t know if they’re hypocritical or not. That said, I appreciate the attempt to embed the game in the political and religious dynamics of the time.

2 Likes

Reaction to AnonVendetta: Lol, they just tried to capture the atmosphere of that age. In medieval times whole world and life of people, was led by faith in God. Yes, now is Czech Republic one of the most atheistic countries, but that has nothing to do with hypocrisy. They made historical accurate game from the different age, when whole Europe was insanely religious. So it’s absolutely all right, that it’s there like it is. It’s in 1403, now is 2019. The world has changed.

1 Like

I think it is true that the game got the name in this way.
I don’t know whether it is really a right or wrong but it sounds so correct.