What's your favourite quest?

I’d be interested to know which quests are the most popular ones (and possibly also which ones are the least popular ones).

For me, my favourites are:
Needle in a Haystack because it brings a refreshing change and forces the player to start thinking outside the box.
Mysterious Ways because it’s hilarious while also being educational.
Next to Godliness because it sets the right mood and gets the player completely immersed - not just in water.

My least popular quest is probably Restless Spirit even though the overall story of it is really sweet and it definitely belongs in the game. It just felt like an awful lot of riding around and not meaty enough.

What do you think?

Mysterious Ways!!! (…!!!)

1 Like

Needle In A Haystack is the best quest in the whole game, nuff said. i actually thought i was a true working monk

1 Like

A Needle in a Haystack was certainly the easiest solved for me. I was banished from monastery but I managed to figure out who it might be.
Mysterious Ways was also interesting one.
Restless Spirit was kind of annoying, cause I had to run up and down, otherwise I quite liked it, it was almost last quest I finished in game.
Interesting one is At your service, my lady with Roan.
The best side quest is The House of God.
The best main quest is All that Glisters.
Just to mention Run! and Baptism of Fire remind me of Mafia quests. Second one mostly because people complain how hard it is and you need to use trick to complete it.

1 Like

Anybody wanna know wich quest sucks at most for me?!
THAT DAMN NIGHTINGALE QUEST…due to its bugged on every fu***** playthrough. Wondering if its fixed in 1.6?!

Funnily enough, I’ve never had any problems with it in all my 3 playthroughs. (I started the first one on the day the game came out, so that was version 1.00.) What I do is I find the right spot, place the trap, walk approximately 20 metres and wait for the “singing” to stop. Then I collect it and proceed to look for the second spot, etc. I got a bit paranoid about leaving stuff lying on the ground after my most expensive garment disappeared when I dropped it in order to climb out of the grave on my first day in Rattay.

of course we all know what system setup you use or mods as we are mind readers .
Never had a problem with it on PC on any patch # as long as I dropped one at a time and retrieved it one at a time and waited out of sight of the cage… Gee… could it be you?

fixed in 1.6. Even catch 'em quicker now.
edit: clarity

Yeah i have played the nightengale quest a ton, at least 12 times, i do enjoy it a lot, but don’t like how it chains together with cappon quest, makes for a pretty long play before you get back to doing free play. Never had any problem with nightengale.

My favorite quest is the hunt down bandits and cumans for the 3 lords series.

1 Like

I guess you all didn’t saved during the quest :wink:
It is (was?) a known bug on every system btw…

I finished that last, cause I did not know how those cages work.

Worked for me on 1.3 so mot sure you’re correct on that one.

Homecoming (first playthrough) - I thought for sure there’d be roving remnants of Sigismund’s army performing mop up duty. So, having f*ck all and worrying about defending myself ramped up the anticipation, anxiety and stress. Should I stay off the road between Rovna and Skalitz for fear of being seen by the deadly Cuman horse archers? Are a couple Cuman behind that Rovna hut? Will they divert their attention away from their current object of desire and look my way? Should I search for others and try to help out? Or, do I have to ignore the crimes against humanity in the name of self preservation? Should I leave all the corpses alone or should I look for something of value that could help me fight the enemy or keep me alive? So many thoughts flooded my mind. In hindsight, this was a simple minded quest that could’ve been legendary.

Mysterious Ways - The plot twist. The way Vavra and his writing partner interwove Henry’s mission with the backstory of Hus and pre-Hussite sentiment was both entertaining and well crafted. Godwin could’ve been a charicature but he turned out to be anything but. Talking over beer. Replicate in a mini-game, and you have a master stroke. Fun. Fighting. And fornication. Relatable to many adults.

Nest of Vipers - Simple. Go in under the cover of darkness dressed as a Cuman and sabotage what you can. Oh, how the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Watchman #1 dealt with. Watchman #2 history. Uh oh. A group of guys is coming, and I don’t have time to dispose of the body #2. Hide. The body is discovered, and the call to arms is out. This isn’t going to turn out well. I need to find a bottleneck.

Found one next to the dilapidated structure. Wave after wave came. Ever more damage taken but still manageable… until some archers showed up. Then, after getting lit up by the archer, i hid to escape up the roof and then into the creek. Thank goodness none of them followed me. It gave me a chance to load up on some marigold potions, and then get back to the bottleneck. Killed off the rest near the structure, and then stepped out into the open. Got a little reckless and paid for it.

In poor health, I walked up to the encampments and took care of the 3 or so still left. And, then took to sabotaging everything. It was the most challenging and rewarding battle for me in all of KCD by far. Still haven’t figured out my plan with the hardcore playthrough… other than use savior schnapps before I enter the area.

1 Like