When will combat become challenging again?

Hello everybody,

probably spoilers ahead, so beware!

I’ve been enjoying my time in kingdom come a lot, but i’ve ran into some real game-ruining issues lately where my character is way too overpowered. I fiddled around with exploring and some side quests before i progressed in the main storyline and it seems that my character now one shots pretty much everything.

I trained hard to be able to learn a lot of combos, but what’s the point if enemies die before i can land 3 hits on them? Half of them just run away at the start of combat and whoever’s left dies in one or two hits.

I thought i’d continue in the main story a little and ended up fighting Runt. I was looking forward to a good fight and the guy literally died on his first swing which i perfect countered. A minor tap to the head with the back of my sword defeated him…

I tried to install some mods so that i could increase the health that enemies have, but the only decent mod that i found also increased the ammount of parries and perfect parries that the enemies do so it again became impossible to pull off a combo hit since they pârry about 90% of your strikes.

Now i’ll have to learn how to mod myself so i can fix this problem. In the meantime would it be possible for some devs to fix this? Why not remove the damage scaling from skills alltogether? The game was fine at the start where it took a while to kill an enemy. The only difference for lategame in my opinion should be that you’re able to pull off more fancy combos.

God bless search!

You should’ve known that pommels are weapons of mass destruction and should be kept away from mortal humans.

Which role does level scaling play in combat? There is a realism mod in nexus pointing out that level scaling would be the major issue.