Where are the mods? 2020 version

I know that many people have worked hard on some small scale mods which add useful features to the game or optimize for a certain play style, however I have yet to see any mods which add new characters, quests, activities, storylines, or anything of that sort. I was wondering why that is since the developers claim that their modding tools fully support such modding. I realize these kinds of mods take a long time to make but I think its been almost a year since modding tools came out if I’m not mistaken and it seems like a mod would have been done like this even if it was just a small scale questline. If anyone knows of any projects which add quests to the game or something along those lines please tell me. Also if anyone is interested perhaps they could organize a modding competition where the best story/quest adding modding gets a prize?

They were released at the end of October I think. I think the game of thrones total conversion mod is being worked on again so there’s that at least.

I’ve tried those tools. I’m no modder but even with tips from nexus I wasn’t able to start modding simplest thing. It’s more complicated than it seems. The people working on some mods will have to convert their works and make them compatible. Some modders complained their works do not appear in game. So until more people crack the tools, it will go slowly.

I see well i think people must have figured out some stuff by now so I would encourage everyone whose played with the modding tools to post what they have learnt on this branch of the forums, that way we can have a database of info about the modding tools and maybe someone can make a guide.

I thought the same, considering tools are out for over 6 months and nothing is really happening.
But then I think KCD is a very hard game to mod because its so specific and defined to take place in a small area of 14th century bohemia.

I mean, what are your options really. It’s not a fantasy like skyrim, so you can’t keep spawning new modes with some legendary armor, new dragons, etc. You can’t populate the game world with events or random encounters, because it’s a very small area geographically, just few villages around a main town. As such it is not a bad thing, I think this small scale actually makes this game so immersive as it’s very realistic and believable environment, but you can’t add some massive events, battles etc without breaking the realism of the world.

You can only really do small scale staff that you mentioned that changes pace of the game a bit, increase or decrease how challenging it gets etc.
I can think of few things I’d mod if I knew how to, maybe extra mini game for looking after your horse, fixing your armor, adding some npcs to the castles to make them busier and more realistic, but the tools released are not really built for that. You’d need new animations, new voice overs etc

I think the only option than is to use the tools to create a brand new map/world, but judging by what I’ve read about using those it’s a hell of a challenge…

There are many different mods which can be made using the same characters and setting for example:

1. Hans Capon’s claim to Rattay could be pushed at the end of all the main quests
  2. The church of Rovna could be explored, add a mystery, cumans, battle with a possible questline of repopulating Rovna
  3. Perhaps a better mounted combat mod would be possible
  4. A mod which adds the resettlement of Rattay could be made
  5. A mod which adds more relations with Theresa could be made
  6. Bandit raids on Prybyslavitz could be added as dynamic events

And many more not to mention all of the different options with the monastery, travelling nobles, travelling merchants, bandit gangs, etc.

Big MODs can take many years, as we have seen in other games.

I guess a “small scale questline” could be done in a year, by someone with time and experience with the modding tools, but who has experience ?

I see potential for Great history MODs here, we’ll see what happens in some years