Where do you find Hynek?

I’m having trouble finding Hynek, the first quest, can anyone give me a clue to where he is or tell me what I need to do? But no spoilers please :smiley:

Here is a tip without any spoiler: Listen to what villagers have to say on him :wink:

Idk how you are supposed to finish the quest without doing that

There are multiple ways of completing that quest, including never finding him.

Nah sorry i was talking about finding Hynek.

If you wander past where he is you can find him within about 2 minutes of starting if you really want to, even without talking to anyone.
You certainly don’t need to talk to every ‘path’ element in Talmberk and onwards, but I usually try to do so in a way that leaves everything open for as long as possible so I can increase speech skill significantly during this early part of the main quest (as well as haggling during every shopping trip to do the same).

It is possible to pass the speech checks on the missing sword quest (though I still have had trouble getting the quest to continue after recovering the sword) if you do a lot of talking before hand, especially if you start with the diplomat themed development, but I’d guess that the Jack of all Trades might be able to get there as well… doubtful about the squire, he just has so far to go.

There are 3 or four variants of the villager’s responses to questions about Hynek and a similar number about Talmberk, and you can gain more benefit from some types of avenue of questioning than others plus you can close off some options for further questioning by some choices.

So was I. You can just go to the bandit camp, and the quest completes. No need to find him at all.

Rly? there’s no trigger or anything?

You can stumble across the camp, or you can follow Morcock. The quest moves on to the next stage where you have to report to Robard.