Where to sleep?

please anyone could u give me advice where to safety sleep? i tried to go to some house when the night fall and sleep there, but when i woke up i was considered as thief (i guess by sack icon at radar) and people called guard on me… its really annoying to trying it on my own with this “quick” time skipper :smiley: thanks for answer…

1 Like

try any place where there isn’t a door such as the logging camp and some of the forest camps

Haha same happened to me and I was like… uhh why thief now, wut, what did I do lol… ONly realized thanks to your post now! :smiley:

I don’t think I got marked for sleeping in someone else home. I waited till everyone was sleeping then snuck in to sleep a bit. After which I woke up before everyone was awake.

Use the house of the bailiff in Samopshe :slightly_smiling:

Good question. Seems that trying some free beds and waking at 5am and eating some stolen apples works fine. But question seems legit as I can’t give any reliable advice.
Seems that you can’t do the following:

• talk to sleeping people
  • stealing food and opening inventory with stolen stuff close to owners
  • lock picking or stealing in presence of people

Last one is probably legit, but those first two deserve report in bug section imo :slight_smile:

I was expecting that I would have an option to rent a bed in pub for a few coins… I would like to have that option in the final game

7 Likes

As a side note. Don’t forget the torch at night. I accidentally put my torch away and the guards hounded me for it. One after the other they all came asking for money. Not only that, the fact that the guards themselves are not even carrying torches…

hahaha its because you had your sword out :stuck_out_tongue: at the moment the torch is in the shield slot so when you get your torch out your sword comes out as well

nope i got a fine becouse “i was seen at night with out a torch”.

1 Like

I’m also finding this a bit frustrating. I went to a pub, walked past the two store keeps and just couldn’t find a place to sleep. I tried sleeping on a bench upstairs but a guard called me a thief and took my gold. (Who’s the thief here?)
Night is terrifying and sleeping takes too long. (Though it was nice once because I ran off to make myself some ice cream and came back with 2 hours to go)

Sleeping and waiting times take forever to go through. Half an hour in real time to wait for 12 hours in game? Yeah…may want to cut that back just a bit.

4 Likes

Problem is that it takes so long because on the background a lot of things have to be comupted (mostly AI). NPCs have their cycles and the game has to compute what those NPCs will be doing when you wake up.
So it is not just a matter of shufflign with some numbers.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s that hard to just do fast-forward in matter of fraction of seconds as there is very limited number of interactions within let’s say 10 minutes time span and I believe it’s possible to eliminate impossible interactions very fast (eg. all sleeping or static NPCs, NPCs further than 300m from moving ones etc.).
By the way sleeping in alpha and beta takes approximately same time despite beta has twice more villages and perhaps tens of cumans in woods.

Seriously. It starts getting annoying, cause it’s likely that only way to sleep in new beta is in cuman camps.
First night - slept in barn in talmberg when you can steal showel. Woke up with crime icon, was welcomed by little army in military camp, had to pay fine.
Second night - used barn close to village in Merhojed, left Merhojed without crime icon, just went there, slept, woke up, watched sunrise (went afk for few minutes to wait till daylight), ate rotten apples (almost cost me life), returned to village. Crime commited there.
Third night - take a nap in barn close to herbalist for 2 hours to cure poisoning, i think i stole few apples, returned to village, crime commited.

Had you borrowed armour in arena? That seems to trigger crime status every time for me…

Sleeping in most “rustic” beds hasn’t caused me any trouble, and napping on a 100% bench/bed for an hour or so to top up during the middle of the night or daylight is also non-problematic.

Getting caught in the only bed during a 12 hour ‘night’ (which is too long for midsummer) causes the problem (as does helping yourself to food and keeping it.)

I had no problems in alpha 0.5 or first beta, sleeping perhaps never triggered crime icon, being spotted entering building sometimes did. Only problem with alpha was that NPCs claimed their right to sleep in their beds, in first beta they were nice and went to sleep on some bench. This second beta seems to be closer to hardcore level.

Benches can be 100% - they make better beds than a “bed” in many cases.