Where's best place to look when shooting bow

Anyone found reliable place to look because of no crosshair, I was looking at tip of arrow head but not allways work out for me

A gun shoots to where the barrel is pointed. A bow shoots to where the arrow is pointed.

Tip of the arrow is when the archer aim along the arrow close to it.
But Henry is not that close to the arrow when aiming so the is some parallax and the reference point is different by the distance to your target.

Simply: the aiming point starts at the tip (0 meters) and then continue to the left. How much to the left depends how long it flew but could be above as far as Henry’s wrist.

1 Like

Eeeeer yeah. Thx for that. :joy: Kinda obvious but I’m talking about an arrow without a crosshair mate not what actually happens when you point an arrow at something.

1 Like

That explains why when I’m closer looking at e tip or just above works but I struggle more at distance

if your on console, then switch to ur sword, put a tiny little piece of painters tape on ur cross hair. then your good to go.

I personally use a point on my gloves to line shots up with, followed by a little check down the arrow to make sure it looks good.

What point though ?

Depending on your skill level, type of bow and type of arrow. All this influence the distance a arrow will take before going to the ground. You need to get the experience and feel for it by doing.
Then, of course, you have the distance of the target.

If you want, a crosshair can make it a lot easier.
Go to command via ~.
Type the following and press enter (while you don’t have the bow in hand): wh_pl_showfirecursor 1
Voila, you have the yellow dot while aiming with a bow.

“Type the following and press enter (while you don’t have the bow in hand): wh_pl_showfirecursor 1
Voila, you have the yellow dot while aiming with a bow.”

and learn the hold over for the bow and arrow you use. stronger the bow/arrow combo the less hold over.
A 77 bow and better arrows drops less ( Capons modded bow even less.)
With high skill and perks and great gear you can one shot kill at 50m

I use this spot on Hunter gloves. For archery competition range, slap bang in the middle of that flat part does the trick. The further things are away, the more to the left of the flat part I line them up. Definitely not going to be headshotting everything like Legolas, but it certainly keeps my aim more consistent than aiming down the arrow.

Please forgive my half-arsed Paint skills…

1 Like

Dot on monitor + good archery skill = Robin Hood :smiley:

Look here

so… why the hell there has to be that ugly yellow dot in the middle of the screen for the whole time until you pull the bow out? wtf? really retarded design choice imho.
just put the dot only when the bow is equipped or remove it completely ffs.

Perhaps it is also used to align other things in the game and t\you don’t realize it?
Personally I don’t mind it and modded to keep it there and remove the parkense disease for the bow and learn the correct hold over for each situation with the gear on hand.

Nice tip for the game purist…really…
would it be about the same for a gauntlet I wonder?

like what? i modded it out and never ever needed it. immersion is 100% better without it. there can’t be any reasonable justification for it. at least i can’t think of any mo matter how hard i’m trying.

Personally I use the dot to check my view in relation to the horse’s head for one if they don’t match after getting confused at what I see after a mishap it helps. or it center my view quickly
Now if it was a rifle cross hair ya, only during bow use if at all.
I don’t mind and use/ignore the dot and use it on bow like the sight pin I used IRL on my bows

while arming a sword, axe, etc. Tear a very small post it sticker and place it on the little crosshair on the screen, Equip Bow and aim at sticker.

It should be roughly the same or at least there will be some similar way to aim using 'em, however even leather gloves throw my aim off due to being slightly narrower.