I thought archery sucks....BUT

… After spending some hours with archery now I have to admit I like it a lot. In the beginning I needed more than 20 arrows to kill a hare but meanwhile almost everything is one shot. Not only that my character has gotten better … I’ve gotten better, too. With time you really get a feel for the bow and the flow characteristic. I never thought to say that because I was really disappointed/frustrated in the beginning.
I also found out that the Bow Dot Reticle Mod (for example) is not the most helpful choice. You should better try to “follow” the direction of the arrow depending on distance:

Ride out for hunting (whatever :D) is realy satisfying when you figured out how it works :wink:

4 Likes

True, but getting there is a bit annoying.
Right now I really love horseback short-range archery, it’s super effective and not that hard after a bit of practice.

dont the animals run away when you’re riding around with your horse?

These are just my observations but not that much as walking by foot…

dipence on your horse . i heard jenda is smelling a littel bit so thex not run away so quick :crazy_face::hugs::blush:
yeap after a littel bit training archery is a great way too kill animals and npc and you get a good feeling for it whitout the aim dot . best tip hunting rabbits at the begining

I REALLY hope archery gets a perk tree in the future!

I don’t mean hunting, I mean combat.

Hell noo. Archery is too op as it is. Many other perks have already made Henry a demi god. Besides, what perks could you realistically add to archery anyway, not like there are any special moves like other weapons.

Sidequiver/Backquiver :wink:

There are tones of perks they could add, for example:

Quick draw - Bows shoot a bit faster but do less damage (kind of like the quick strike perk)
Horse Archer - Better aim while riding a horse and you can’t shoot your horse in the head
Over Draw - Bow does more damage, but takes longer to shoot (like the heavy swing perk)
Stead Arm - Drawing a bow uses less stamina
Ranger - Movement speed increased while drawing a bow
Stealth Shot - Can shot the bow while crouching with a small noise reduction

As far as being over powered, that could be addressed with a perk tree to tone the bow down. I mainly use a bow, but with not have a perk tree to develop your skill it is boring compared to the other skills imo.

2 Likes