Which game is a better ,Deliverance or The Witcher 3?

You are entitled to your choice of games, I do want to enjoy the game and to be entertained. If the game has elements of challenges and “fun” then that makes the game entertaining to me and worth playing. To each his own.

1 Like

A game can make fun without to be a fun game. For example “Silent Hill” (1999). This is one of the top best games ever made and nothing there is fun. The gameplay is very clunky, the story depressive, the atmosphere disturbing and devastating and the protagonist is just a normal person without a big arsenal of weapons or skills. This game is slow. There is almost no action. I wouldn’t call it to be a fun game. But I had a lot “fun” playing it … if “fun” is the correct word. I would replace it with entertainment. The goal of this game is not fun. It’s a horror experience.

The same is with movies. Would you watch “Schindler’s List” to have fun? I think not. Why most people always think a great game or movie has to make fun?

One question… Did you enjoy playing the game? If you did not enjoy and have “fun” playing the game why bother?.. Okay two questions.

FUN:
NOUN
enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.
ADJECTIVE
informal

1. amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable.
    synonyms:
    enjoyable
    amusing
    pleasurable

There are differences between a fun game and having fun with a game.

Please elaborate… I am waiting with bated breath for your explanation. Additionally, you did not answr the questions.

Lol. Nice one, pretty clever m8 =D
BUT, try kcd and the Witcher 3 in a Playstation and then tell me wich one is the Fiat and the Ferrari…
Talking about emersion, for example: In theory the KDC is much more imersive then TW3. Well, I could see the walls in the wt3 all the time… and did not have textures popping… That breaks the imersion… Running agaings invisible walls and a few seconds later “Hey, there’s a fence here…nice”

A fun game is primarly designed to be fun. For example Super Mario Cart or any game with action gameplay and also any game that gives you tons of rewards. You win a battle —> you unlock a new weapon! You kill a boss —> you unlock 10 new weapons, armors and new skills! You win a race —> you unlock 10 new cars, tuning parts and tracks!

A game that is not primarly made to be fun is for example any racing simulator, any horror game with a depressive and complex story, and any game with a decent gameplay where you are not a superhero who kill bosses using an arsenal of guns or magic special effects. In short any serious game. For example: “Dear Esther”

And I don’t play on a PlayStation. But in this case both games would be Fiat, notice KCD would be still less dulled down for the mainstream than Witcher 3.

I like your logic, and it was me that brought the car comparison; I have the withcer 3 in my top 10 games. And kdc is not even in the top 20… Since I’ve been playing video games for more than 25 years, that tell’s something. But still, it’s a matter of opinion and taste, and with a PC, I believe that KDC feels different. I base my opinions in the experiences that I had.

PS: I tottaly get your logic, but it’s not so black and white. driving simulators can be a lot of fun. Metal gear solid, Mafia, are examples of serious fun games…

We are just beating a dead horse now. We play fames because we enjoy them, we have fun playing them. I agree not all games are comical or light hearted, but at the end of the we play because we enjoy the game, we have fun playing the game. Otherwise there is no point to play a game., In my very humble opinion.

The Witcher 3 in your top 10? And you play games for 25 years? Witcher 3 is one of the most boring games I played in my life. But everyone has different tastes.

1 Like

ok, going completly of topic here:
Yup. lol. in my top 10: I love a lot of different type of games, so the list goes from the first carmageddon to the Metal Gears(on psx), to Mafia (loved this one… a lot), Medal Of Honor (all of the firsts), Tomb Raider(s), fear effect, CS 1.3, Fear, prey(the 1st one), assassin’s creed, GTA (I think all of them but Vice City for the win), Age of Empires, empire earth, black and white, company of heroes, knightlong, broken sword, kotor(s), Gran Turismo(s), Elder Scrolls (also more than one), fallout 3, the first rdr, and the Whitcher 3, and so many more… From playing with my cousins Atari, to my friends Master system or Nintendo, to my First Megadrive…
But the First game that I remember that took my breath away was on the first playstation: Metal Gear Solid… I still remember the feeling when for the first time I entered the corridor full of dead bodies. What a game.

Soooooo, now that I’m thinking, maybe The witcher3 is not on the top 10… but in the top 30 or 40 (lol), for sure…
kdc? maybe in the top 100…

Okay this is more realistic. For me it is Gothic 1 & 2 on the top of the list which are millions of times better than Witcher 3. Lightyears better.

You, are like most of us games that enjoy a wide genre of games. The evolution of games has been interesting, not just the improved graphics, but in the actually mechanics and gameplay. The story telling and character development of the game makes the difference between a good game and a great game (IMHO). Two recent standout in gaming in 2019 were Atom RPG and Mutant Year Zero (MTZ), both have great stories and were fun games. MTZ does leave the story hanging for the next installment, but that is the nature of the gaming industry today. Keep enjoying the games that you do play. BTW, Witcher 3 probably in the top 50 games… on my list. Cheers!

“Rule of Rose” is a forbidden and forgotten masterpiece. It is at least forbidden in Europe. The only thing that must be forbidden are our politicians!

Rule of the Rose sound s like it is similar to the Lord of the Flies Banning games, banning books… Welcome to 1984.

By “fun” I meant enjoyment, excitement - not something cartoonish or something. For instance, I can imagine Dark Souls being “fun” in that meaning, though I personally do not enjoy it.

Yeah, old Gothic was a great game, but lightyears better? :smiley: Be realistic, man.
Btw, our great THQ has bought Pyranha bytes. New Gothic maybe?

I’m always realistic. And yes, Gothic is lightyears better. There are worlds, universes between that games. But which game can hold a candle to Gothic?

Dark Souls is a fun-game. But I wouldn’t have fun with it. I don’t enjoy fun-games.

You know, you really sound like a stereotypical goth from South Park or something similar. “XX is fun and enjoyable. That’s why I hate it. I hate fun” =)
Though I think I understand what you mean. And understand how Gothic 1/2 may feel way better than KCD or W3 for you.
Have you tried Elex, BTW?

It seems, it’s no point to discuss with the blind fanboy of Gothic.
And Dark Souls is a fun game? :smiley: It’s the most hardcore game you can find these days, only a masochist can say it’s a fun to constantly die in one hit. I can’t take you seriously. People might enjoy it, but it’s not a fun game.

1 Like