Which game is a better ,Deliverance or The Witcher 3?

I just picked up KCD. I suck at it so far but it is by far one of coolest medieval games ive ever played. For me, it is a better game than Witcher 3. I really liked Witcher 1&2 but did not care for 3, tbh.

Elex is a challenging game. I enjoyed playing it. My on regret about the game was the ending (at for me).

Yes I’m a Gothic fanboy. This should be normal for such a great game. Elex is also great like Risen, but no longer on the level of Gothic 1 & 2.

I’m also fan of Gothic, but I’m not blind and I can see quality in other games too.
Well Risen is also quite good, but Elex is weird. They should stay in medieval fantasy world.

For me the opposite - I loved that they made a creatively new world for Elex. I enjoyed a lot exploring it and it’s history.
There are things that made badly in Elex, though. But it’s one of my favorites games for sure.

I see qualities in other games too, but not in RPGs.

Each of us have our favorite games and genre. I love historical simulations with strategy, but I equally enjoy the RPG that is rich in storytelling. character immersion and development. Personally, I did not like the Gothic/Risen series but, but that is me.

Hmm then it’s your taste in games.
When I don’t see qualities in other RPGs doesn’t that mean I’m blind. The reason is that there are no qualities in other RPGs. Some RPGs are very good like Witcher 1 & 2, but there is no masterpiece like Gothic 1 & 2.

1 Like

Have you played Atom RPG? For me it has all the elements of a great RPG (with no voice acting). Great storyline, immersion into the main character and the story, consequences for actions or inaction.

1 Like

Gothic 2 was great but 3 was pretty bad.

@glansky
No, there simply is no RPG that can meet my expectations. Gothic 1 & 2 are the only RPGs where I think everything to be perfect. The german voice acting is unique.

@jwf891
Therefore I wrote Gothic 1 & 2, not 3. But Gothic 3 is still one of the finest RPGs ever made.

1 Like

I am a a KCD fan boy , its just what I want out of an RPG. I like it far better than the Gothic series, to each their own though. I think Fable is the rpg ive played the most though.

KCD is very interesting, but there is too lot missing what makes a RPG masterpiece.

Same could be said about Gothic, “Perfection” is in the eye of the beholder.

With the way modding capabilities are coming along it wont be too long before people can just modify a game to what they consider perfect
the issues I see is game developers dumbing down games because people (kids mainly) dont like a challenge. Just look at Skyrim and how simplified it was compared to Oblivion then compare Oblivion to Morrow wind and so on and so fourth.

1 Like

This is not true. There is nothing missing in Gothic. This game is perfect and that’s not a personal opinion.
The Elder Scrolls is nothing compared to Gothic.

Yes, it is an opinion. Gothic is far from perfect there is plenty wrong with those games,imo but it is a good game. Gothic is a better RPG than the TES series but I enjoyed Oblivion more overall, ymmv. If I played them again today I might like Gothic more but in terms of which one I got more entertainment out of I would say Oblivion.

My biggest complaints about the Gothic series was the storyline (big yawn) and the combat just wasnt my thing.

It wasn’t your thing does not mean it’s wrong with those games. For me the combat is absolutely my thing. Never experienced a better combat system in a RPG.

1 Like

True, same could be said about you having never experienced a better combat system in an RPG. That dosnt make it “perfect” or necessarily better than any other RPG , it makes it your favorite. I still stand by what I said, that is just my opinion. Your opinion is that its the best rpg and mine is its just a good game. Both of us could dig up dozens of reviews from various sources and argue untail our faces are blue but what it comes down to is opinion.

My favorite is KCD, which makes our opinions different. I can live with that, agreeing to disagree is just fine by me. You know what they say “opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one”. :smile:

1 Like

FĂŒtterungszeit!

1 Like