Which version should I choose?

Hello all,

I also received an email that requests me to finally choose the version that I want, but i’m still very uncertain.
Here’s my problem: The old KC:D Beta doesn’t run very well at all on my PC (yeah I know it’s old stuff) and i’m afraid that my rig can’t handle KC:D. I will list my specs below. But I also own a xbox one and I really enjoy playing on it. Obviously, KC:D looks absolutely gorgeous and i want to play the best possible version in my case.
Up until this day, I have not heard anything about the console version. Does it run well? Does it look good (enough)? Is there any xbox one gameplay out there that I missed?

So atm it’s very difficult for me to decide. It would be very nice to get some opinions and maybe an official answer on some of my questions.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

My PC:
cpu: i7-3770
gpu: gtx760 4gb
ram: 8gb

Hi,

Approximately the same question.
How about the console versions ? I’ve tried the alpha on the PC and wonder what concession have been made for consoles.
Unless things are one different : is KC:D beeing enhanced to 4K/HDR for the new Xbox One X ?
If yes my choice is done :slight_smile:

Probably not 4k at release date.

Was wondering about some things… The kickstarter reward says “Physical (digipak) as well as digital copy of Act I” and in my profile it says the beta access will be replaced by a steam code on release… so does that mean I could choose a physical PS4 disc & still have the digital download steam code for PC appear in my profile? (at Baron SE level). How does this work exactly?

Also does the physical disc edition include Act 2 & 3? Does the digital download version? Actually, are the three acts even still a thing at all? (the official site now only mentions a complete full game on release). Sorry I’ve not followed this game for a long time, and this is really confusing now.

I believe in the French gameplay video Tobi mentioned that he himself used a gtx 970(?) Cant remember the exact card, could even be a generation older card. But he said the game ran at 60 fps.
So with some setting tweaking, I guess you could run the game.

Actually, we could use some new, updated required Specs info.

Do tou game alot on tour pc? Do you have steam and do your friends play on steam? Choose the pc, or wait a few weeks until we have some definitive info on specs, game is still 2 months away.

Update-

Found this:

Not sure if the info is accurate or up to date? @DrFusselpulli ???

Can you give me link that it is 60 FPS on 970?

I want to know about the steam code + ps4 physical version as well. if possible I may go that route if not no big loss.

It is not 3 acts anymore we get more content in the first game and then they will release a second game to cover the rest if I understood things correctly.

@DrFusselpulli

Rick uses a 960. Tobi said during the recent ‘stealth’/‘random encounter’ segment that he uses a 970.

In the same segment, but not directly tied to the card he stated 60 fps+ on PC, and console ~45 ‘mostly’ but still optimising and aiming for ‘as high as possible’ but avoided the interviewer’s attempt to make him commit to 60fps on the newer -X and Pro versions.

As it is a game of exploration and investigation/observation, not really a hack and slash game, and with no multiplayer, the absolute maximum performance may also be less critically important than for some types of game. IMO.

No it is not very reliable at the moment. The minimum shown there is very basic. The recommended requirements are more accurate as a mimimum, but a gtx970 should do it too. I don´t see the problem in the graphics card but just think the 6GB RAM are too low.

I just asked the link if you can find it. Because when I watched it, Tobi said great, not 60 FPS. And about Rick, too, please. I see that Rick stated probably offscreen.

Yeah I play a lot on PC and do use steam. See, I can not wait a few weeks since they want me to choose the version before Nov. 26th ! That’s my problem, they want me to choose between a version, yet there is not much info about the version differences. Just weird.

@LSK

So that is the link to the video/interview. Tobi says it runs great on his 970.

To be honest, If you want to enjoy the game as much as possible (graphically) pick the Xbox one version. If you’re not sure if your pc can run it, go the way you know will work. In a few years, you might pick the game up in a Steam Sale and perhaps you have a new pc by then.

I don’t think I would ever say this, pick the console version… For now.

1 Like

Yes he did, but they were talking about 60fps target for console and he went no further than ‘as high as possible’, but seemed to indicate (to me) that 1080p on PC was there or abouts.

not personally bothered as I use a G-Sync monitor for the best of low stutter and no tearing, even at lower FR

Yeah that sounds reasonable. Thanks so far, maybe some warhorse employee can comment on this and finally help me and the others.