Who else is in love with this game?

Me. I have not played in a long time, but I really enjoyed the base game, even if it was buggy at the time I played

The game got off to a rocky start with all the bugs, but now it’s one of the best games ever created. The only point of concern is that some of the Voice Acting isn’t up to par with the rest. Apart from this, it’s virtually flawless.

I have several hundred hours into the game and havnt beat it yet or even played the DLCs. Probably my favorite game.

This game is awsome just really wish i had the bandit jack

Probably my favorite game of all time! It’s not perfect, but what game is?

Finally got my hands on this game. I’ve been watching it closely since it was just an alpha build demo, but due to my lowly commonfolk wages I hadn’t the groschen for a PC that could run KCD untill now. Like others have said, the feeling of being set free after arriving at Rattay was akin to the first time exploring Cyrodiil in Oblivion, not even Skyrim gave me this level of wanderlust. Being the kind of person who watches documentaries on Agincourt in their spare time, I find myself absorbing every detail, every painting, every piece of furniture, it’s like being in a virtual museum of 15th c. Bohemia but much more fun than a museum.

These devs have done an incredible job building this incredibly believable world where you aren’t some heroic hollywood figure ripping your way through baddies, you’re just some poor kid who got caught up in this King’s power grab and are now along for the ride in this conflict in a little known region of feudal Europe, this is something I can actually imagine having happened many times in history. Gems like this game are very rare indeed.

4 Likes

Exactly, I have the same feeling from this game. I love history, especially medieval, I watch documentaries, read about it etc. And this game is like a time machine, where you can actually see, how it looked and explore these times by yourself.

Devs did really great job with historical accuracy. I’ve never seen such a attention to the detail in video game. It has even bigger meaning for me, because I’m from Bohemia and I can see and “live” our history.

You mentioned paintings, on them I can actually recognise real czech saints with their attributes, somewhere are painted even their stories (for example legend of killing saint Wenceslas).
For foreigners it can look like some random wall decoration, but it’s not. Devs really put great effort on details like this.

I also spend too much time by reading everything in the codex :grinning: It’s actually great little study book about medieval life. For history nerds, is this game really great thing.

3 Likes

I am in love with it also just really wish my invetory chest wouldnt screw up.and i hope the bandit jack returns

At first I thought the same about the ending, why not finish then start new with the next game as one of my favourite things were the progress but after alot of thought I think it was a good move and it may be annoying but it could set up an amazing sequel where as if they started new it would probably just fell like a rehash