Why do so many people want the KC:D sequel to be bloated?

I’ve recently gotten back into gaming (thank you, China!), more specificaly KC:D and its community, and I must say, there’s something that’s been bugging me… why do so many people want Kingdom Come to be like skyrim?

I keep seeing people asking about player homes, crafting, marrying, more side quests, more items… more of everything, basically. But wouldn’t such features (mainly player homes and crafting) disrupt the flow of the game? You see, every good game has to have a good gameplay loop. In KC:D’s case, it looks something like this (loosely):

Wake up -> eat -> get a quest -> travel to the quest location -> accomplish the quest in a certain way depending on your character build -> go to a town and buy/sell items -> sleep

This loop, combined with the occasionnal dynamic event, is the core of KC:D. So instead of feature creeping (which only works for massive studios like Rockstar), why not look at how this gameplay loop could be refined? A great (and recent) example of a sequel doing just that would be Mount and blade Bannerlord. It’s literally the same game, but better in every way possible, almost making the previous installment obsolete. You could also look at Killzone vs Killzone 2, UT 2003 vs UT 2004, Silent hill vs Silent hill 2, Arma vs Arma 2, GTA 2 vs GTA 3…

What do you guys think? I’m very curious about your opinions!

I don’t want another Skyrim. If we’re supposed to have some DLCs adding those features, they should well fit in with story quests.

I love games with a story to tell. Really liked the witcher series and before arma there was cold war crisis and resistance. Never played right through Skyrim because, no matter what mods I used, it was the same ole same ole.
Seems to me like Dan Vavra (sorry if I misspelled) and Warhorse went out on a limb to make KC:D, not really knowing how many people, like myself, were into history and tired of fantasy games like witcher and skyrim.
The only real thing that still bugs me with this one, though is that Henry can’t fix his gear when it’s damaged below a certain point, no matter that his maintenance skill is maxed or how many kits he’s lugging around.
Btw, is it just me or is Lady Steph a hottie?

1 Like

I never even thought that about matence i thought once it reached ten u would be able? And also dont like to think off women from the 1400s as hot because in real life she would be old enough to be ur great great great great great great great great grandmother

2 Likes

And also all i want from this game is gear they took out and id be happy with hundreds off playthru’s first the bandit renforced jack and old bascinet i enjoyed those two items the most and wore them constantly now they disappeared from the game😢 why idk or would be happy with knowing…well there is some things they could add i for one am really interested in renaissance style work,like the game keepers and how they skrecth the skins or chemical wash them which is what there doing with the tub and stick they would possibly actually be doing that i know the skin strechers are primitive style way but the tub soaking would need chemicals,but any way i would love to work in this game just because off the old ways they do things,maybe a mod if there ever come out with mods for xbox1

Fair enough, but she’s not my great great great great great great great great grandmother AND has lost some weight by now, so…