Why I'm giving up on this game

I’ve played the game for 6 months. I know it’s something I do not enjoy. This had the potential to become the best game I had ever played. But as said, the devs had too little experience.

I’m glad that the developers are not a big studio like Bethesda, because then this (for me) awesome game would be a 08-15 game like Elder Scrolls / Fallout - Btw. I really like to play Elder Scrolls or Fallout. I find these are great games, but I can identify my type of playing more with KCD.

• perfect world to play in. not to big, not to small. (I’ve played Sykrim a lot, but it is just tooooo big, i don’t have the endurance to find every place -> which looks later the same like the first one)

• The Combat system is just awesome! No Button hacking. Just fighting with strategy (I unterstand that not everyone will like this)

• Creepy Animations?! -> Don’t know if you played the same game, than us. :smiley: - I know that the talking animations are repeating a lot. But for me it’s great like it is.
    These animations are reminding me a lot to Mafia - the style behind it is much the same.

2 Likes

When I started first walkthrough, I had one bug at the start of game, replayed 1 lost minute, later I could not continue side quest because of invisible NPC, I was attacked by guards because I needed to take quest item from dead ENEMY (not ally), so I lost 30 minutes until they let me take it. My Henry had always hole in his head during cutscenes because I wore full head helmet and then some minor issues with game which tend to break immersion, like getting stuck in between the tent and wall, now at the wooden fence, and cow riding another cow. Mostly funny stuff I could get over quickly but I also saw some major bugs in other gameplays and can understand their frustration. Upon replaying the whole game through I have bugs I never encountered but saw in others gameplays and even though I am doing what game wants me to do, it breaks and I have to replay. So really, this game requires very patient players while without bugs it would certainly be very enjoyable to bigger player base, it varies from player to player who has only minor bugs and who has unplayable game.

Sorry to hear you don’t enjoy.

We have to agree to disagree here tho.

2 Likes

The biggest problem of this game is that for many people it is either a yes or a no. It appeals to a very specific audience. I had trouble as well with the combat but now that I am relatively good at it I enjoy it. At first when I played it I was quite shocked of the graphics quality (playing on ps4) but now that I played I can see past that, but I can imagine that a lot of people can’t. In addition, in my opinion the animations and stuff are also quite charming. But then again, I can imagine that some people can not stand it.

Luckily I encoutered only 2 major bugs (that were solved afte rlaoding a save); I couldn’t talk to a npc to progress the story and one major character was stuck with a sword in his raised arm after a combat sequence. However I do see a lot of visual bugs; people leaning against invisible objects, floating scenery objects etc, but I don’t let them keep me from palying further, but again I can imagine that some people are put off by them.

However, what I personally can not stand about the gaming community, is that they are always comparing everything to see what is better. I played both Skyrim and KCD and I love both. Why can’t you enjoy both instead of needing to prefer one over the other? It happens all the time; like XBOX vs PS4, let people enjoy what they want. In the gaming community it is always; this is better than this.

The perfect game does not exist. So if you don’t enjoy something, then take your loss and move on. I understand why you did not like the game and i respect you for trying.

Hopeffully you can try it in the future and maybe enjoy it more then.

1 Like

I guess what i’m trying to say is: If you keep looking at the ugly things of everything, you will never see the beauty of something.

This game really has lots of potential, which is probably wasted due to lack of game developing experience.
I guess, another problem was how often the game was delayed and how many years it seemed to take to be developed.
That’s the problem with kickstarter, where you have to reveal the game very early. It’s development didn’t take more time than other games, but it seemed like forever which probably led warhorse to publish it in an unfinished state. The fans and backers demanded the game earlier, and we got it earlier. Not only Warhorse’s fault, but also ours.
The concept of the game is surprisingly good, and it’s feature concepts even more revolutionary than The Witcher’s whose developers were bragging with quotes like “The witcher will revolutionize the RPG-genre.”. But sadly many features aren’t well enginered and left in an unfinished state. Too many game breaking bugs and annoying design decisions which can make you angry. But overall, in my opinion the refreshingly new ways that Warhorse goes with this game overweighs the negative things. I really like and enjoy KCD.

I think we should still give Warhorse another chance. It’s a very small and new studio, with developers that have limited ressources and worked together for the first time on their very first own product. The ideas they have are great and they got the balls to do something new that might even piss somebody off. I still have faith in Vavra, Tobi and the rest of Warhorse. Maybe in one year there’s an enhanced edition of KCD where most gamebreaking bugs are gone, some features matured and others added. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suggest to judge game when its ready not "work in progress" state when all DLCs are out and latest patch then we can discuss cya in Q1 January! yes ppl are paying money for this but nobody is forcing u to do so… just git gud.

GOTY, nothing has come close so far. It’s not perfect but neither are Oscar winners each year. I liked The Shape Of Water but it’s flawed. You could say the same about KCD.

To me the combat is a bit tidious. Farmers using master strikes, just like bandits. I think they should have made more distinct classes. Maybe like.
Level 1: beginner strikes: Farmers: simple slashes, lightly armored bandits: stabs and blocks.
Level 2: Apprentist level: lightly armored bandits with shields, city folk: Perfect blocks, faints and more stamina
Level 3: Expert leve: Cuman bandits and plate armored bandits: Combination strikes. More dodges and blocks
Level 4: Master strikes: Bosses and highly skilled named NPC’s: Riposites. Difficult combinations. Very often blocks and dodges.

In terms of world this games is rather to me it feels. Mainly because many towns don’t feel distinct. You have Rattay/Sassau, Talmberg and the rest. I personally really only played the game a bit for it’s story and mainly it’s graphics (nice view mainly).
The story in my view should not be focussed on a few small variation ways to do a quest which at the end don’t make any difference. I rather have a new questline for it in the place. Because I do really miss the amount of questlines. It is simply a rather small amount for me.
I would also like more fun things in the story, like an actual home, higher tier weapons and special ranks. Maybe something like being a trader, troubadour and army questline. Where you actually rank up in a way.

Yes, and I hope they “fix” this game. But for now I have given up on them :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a finished game, they released it. Of course I am going to judge it from when it’s released.

I didn’t say the combat was hard, it is actually really easy once you get the grip of it. And yeah if you think that the animations are “charming” that’s for you to decide but just watch the steam reviews. Hundreds of people complaining about this game.

How can I only be looking at the “ugly” things? I said that the story was really good. I told you people multiple times that I’ve been waiting 6 months (actually 8 but whatever), for this game to be in a state where most of my problems would be gone.

Said in a very nasty way but I agree

Are we playing same game? I think it’s “shame on your PC/XBOX.”

There are graphic bugs, ugly graphic bugs, yes… but not NPC’s teleporting and too bad animations (in fact I’m pretty sure are some of the best actually in games, obviously demand lot of resources from your pc). IF you have low resources in your PC/XBOX, dont blame ONLY game for slow loading times and bad animations.

Anyway, you are entitled to your own opinion, I just try to add mine too 'cause I think you underscore what this game really has.

What??? Anyway, as @savvym said: KCD ‘Combat system might not be for everyone’, but it is one of the best designed fight games in my experience. Not just click, click, overpower, kill, kill. Try it!!! (again, I think could be your device config (PC or XBOX) fault)

I like that as it is, I think of them as unlucky guys to be like Henry and own their armor. :yum: They could be good fighters but were so poor or maybe fell in disgrace. So combat has their fair share even when Henry is near god mode in latest stages.

I agree with your ideas for storyline, would be fun.

There are actually NPCs teleporting, at least Henry is teleported in one quest, actually he failed to teleport for me so NPCs were talking to the air with Henry’s voice instead. It was such fail for me in the late game that my game seemed to be bugged on every level but I still finished and only quests were corrupted while sandbox was very playable.

Go to youtube, you’ll find dozens of videos of people playing on Xbox.

Savvym and Idde if you are on pc you might want to try my mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/482).
because this kind of bugs doesn’t comes from the game ; it comes from your computer, since at least one player doesn’t have the problem.

That may be true but there are a lot of variables. Did these people buy it after the updates? What quests had they done? What quest were they currently doing? Are they playing on an Xbox one X? Etc. After uninstalling, reinstalling deleting saves, and starting a new game, it doesn’t work. The cutscene at the beginning of a new game stuttered in a way that suggests the system can no longer handle the game. Somehow, knowing that other people can play this game on Xbox isn’t helping my situation. Just because it works for some people now doesn’t mean it will later on. Game is broken.

EDIT: I WAS able to put in 70 hours before my game broke. It’s a great game but now I can’t even start over.

No… I can assure you that my PC can’t cause these types of bugs in KCD. Still I am not concerned about bugs as i’ve said 3 times now.