Why No Customization?

Just curious. Why no customization?

Hell at E3 they were talking about this amazing character creator to make people look like actors. Why not give us access to that!?

Well, you see, Henry’s actor and everyone else in Kingdom Come Deliverance is motion captured, meaning unlike the Witcher 3, Dragon Age, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, etc, the motion capture is capturing the real face of the actor and is not generated by the engine. Every facial movement in the game is done by their respective actor, as is their body movements. So while in the Elder Scrolls you can tweak the nose, cheeks, eyes, etc, of your character to make them gorgeous gods/goddess’ (or hideous abominations) in KCD, these are the faces of real people. Add to that that every last person is animated into cutscenes and it would just be so much work in such short time.

What would happen if somebody somehow modded the game change his model? Is it impossible or would it just change back during cutscenes?

The cutscenes aren’t pre-rendered, so if you changed his model, it would show up.

But i assume modding this in is no easy task.

I want to customise and play as Henrieta, the daughter of blacksmith.

i want to customize myself as an african american apache attack helicopter.

8 Likes

Go away SJW
this game focuses on a pre-determined character
you have plenty of other SJW games (that suck) to play, you either accept our white main protagonist or play something else.

Wow. You are a bundle of joy.
I almost cant believe its real… I have heard legends of you types but i’v yet to see one for myself.

since Both steam and KCD forums have been bombarded with "can i make my character black? can we have Henrietta?"
i always assume it’s an SJW begging for pandering, it’s no secret that Danial Varvera was harrsed on twitter publicly for not including womyn and blacks in a historically accurate 1403 Bohemia
its threads like these (who don’t bother reading the Q&A which are pinned to the top of the forums…) should be deleted or locked

P.S like 90% of the AAA got SJWified and dumbed down for casuals
if you don’t like the developers vision for the game, you can fuck right off
it’s not about a chosen one or a hero, it’s about a blacksmith apprentice training himself to avenge his parents
a simple story for a simple adventurer.

4 Likes

God you are such a thin skinned little bitch.

is that supposed to be insulting?

No, A statement of fact.

Fucking hell this thread took a turn so sharp it’d make a razor seem dull.

2 Likes

This is cryengine. Anything is possible with modding, right?

Yeah i was curious about that too. How mod friendly is this game? Swapping out of customizing his model should be a easy feat considering the powerful NPC create tools you all have access too. Yeah?

Modding has been confirmed.

Yeah, modding has been confirmed. As to what extent, we dont exactly know.

the heads they have are all generated from real people. you don’t “create” them in the engine or the dev tools for the engine. the most you can do is probably swap out henry’s head for another pre made npc’s head, how well the animations will fit is another issue. this isn’t like mount and blade where you set parameters for a gobling looking head. they actually want to maintain a certain standard of quality, so they’re using real people’s heads via photogrammetry.

Still cool. The idea of changing the head to another would blow me away frankly, id just have to go find a guy who looks the way that pleases me.