Why NPC's don't use horses?

there are plenty of NPCs that do use their horses.

But sure, more traffic, including wagons on the roads would be nice.

By plenty you mean the bunch of nobles like sir Hanush, sir Hans Capon, sir Divish and sir Racek Kobyla? Thats not a definition of plenty in my world…no mounted bandits (not even Cumans!), no mounted patrols, no mounted merchants, no horse carts/vagons traffic on roads, no horses or at least oxen ploughing the fields…:thinking:

You don’t plough the fields in March (the story takes place during the spring) :wink: But the rest would be great!
But actually Lord Capon is usually driving to the pub and parks his horsey nearby.

Seems like too much foliage for March

But yes they did in medieval Bohemia. There was a day of St.Gregor (12th March) in agricultural calendar set as a start of ploughing and sewing oats and barley. There was a peasant “rule of thumb” = 11 weeks after birth of Christ start with ploughing. Which is usually inbetween 6. and 12.march. If winter was mild,they even started end of February (24.2. St.Mathew day) :wink:

1 Like

True. At least half of the herbs is unrealistic :slight_smile: But there is proof the game starts in March. If you set lang to english, the subs in intro say only “Silver Skalitz, 1403”. But if you switch to czech, the subs say “Silver Skalitz, Kingdom of Bohemia, March 1403” in czech of course. Given that Henry spent few weeks unconscious it would be April tops before you start the actual game. I guess it would be difficult to consider vegetation season of each end every herb.

Wow! good info :wink:

Just sayin’…

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-30410314-stock-footage-prague-czech-republic-march-pov-gopro-a-man-runs-through-a-forest-up-a-hill-at-a-race.html

Lots of artistic license was taken. So either I’d expect a pre-spring bloom landscape (if WH is going for realism) or a wider variety of animations (even if not matching the timing typical in medieval farming cycle)

My Henry had almost 90 ingame days at the end (if I read the savegame info correctly). So it could be allready june :grin: Btw poppy blooms in summer :grinning:

wonder if it reminds of another kind of poppy…
ever notice that comfrey kinda looks like another kind of weed?
chamomile looks like daisies?

oxen or draught horses ploughing would be neat.

this + only rich people can afford horses. It’s obvious when you follow the main questline and when you obtain a horse bernard is a bit jealous.

…and yet, you see broken down carts…partially blocking the roadside and by the road side everywhere. Why not fix the damned things and stop litttering Good King Wenscelas roadways?

Unless the NPCs got hungry in process of trying to fix said wagon’s broke wheel, and were compelled to eat their poor horses/oxen that is…

i believe it’s either a bug or design/technical decision because sometimes they do ride horses, but it’s not repeatable or it’s rare enough that you don’t see it wondering around, only once or twice the whole game:

the noble characters do ride their horses often though, but within their settlements. they don’t go out exploring like henry does

That way we would get 15 fps with gtx 1080ti and the NPCs stuck in each other for the 90% of the time…

Well, you still can make non-killable npc’s.

The great Sigismund wheeled hiatus

Wonder if these tweaks will be made before Bannerlord is released

NO WAY?!
Yeah we know that captain obvious, you’re missing the point. It’s more trouble than it’s worth for them, so they don’t do it.

i remember in beta there were some npcs on horses near the military camp

Maybe horses are like halberds. Once left by NPCs, they don’t despawn