Will it break the game to install dlcs half way through?

I’m really liking KCD now, and so I purchased the DLC pack. Then I began to read how eventual crashes from the dlcs will corrupt saves and lose many hours of invested play.

I’m on Xbox one x. So no mods.
Does anyone here experience this?
is it an old problem?
has it been fixed?

Thanks

It should not happen, the people speaking of crashes probably tested some unsupported mods before.

1 Like

I confirm. It didn’t bring any problems to me, it shouldn’t to you. Just ensure the mods you’re running are compatible with all the DLCs you’re about to install.

1 Like

Thanks. I will gather my courage and go forth!

Well…hmmm…so the game crashed, first time ever, as I neared pribyslav, was in the map. First time I’ve played with dlc installed. This does not bode well. I have no mods. Should I proceed or go back to pre-dlc save and uninstall?

Did you guys get crashes after dlc installation? As long as the save files are not corrupted, guess I can reload. But people were warning about losing many days of play from this. If I’m like a week down the road and find out I’ll have to go back that far, I’ll be out. 9m not big on replaying the same things.

Not being at the point where I can play some of the dlc, I guess it’s best to uninstall. From the Ashes for example, is about rebuilding Prybyslav, so it’s suspicious that the game crashed as I neared it to do reconnaissance on the Cuman camp there.

Still interested in what other players have to say about this situation.

The game crashed for me twice (PC version) in 200 hours and that was due to my own fault (I had swap file too small).
But I only started playing with all DLCs included and version 1.9.2.
I think it is always better to install games from scratch to include everything rather than change them while playing, eventhough it should work anyway.