Will there be children in the game?

WS started 20 people, now 100.

Okay, which is why I mentioned that it can be fixed via a mod. Children canā€™t be added properly by mods, but making them killable can. So I donā€™t think you not wanting immortal children is a very good reason.

1 Like

The possibility of including speaking children characters, possibly in plotlines or combat interactions, is not exclusive to massive projects with massive funding. Immortal or not, including children would make it more interesting.

Regardless, itā€™s a WS project. Iā€™m looking forward to the game they pitched to all of us, and the random discussions in anticipation of what we are hoping this game could be, possibly hoping to influence them towards features we all like or hope for. Confrontational commentary doesnā€™t improve those discussions being had.

Iā€™m a newbie here. What is the rating of this game?

Middle age was a cruel time in the reality and if for instance a king ordered to kill all the inhabitants of a village, really everyone was killed from kids to old people. At that time there were no human rights, no childrenā€™s rights and no rules of war like today.

Is it because of some age ratings for this game, why the children would have to be invincible? Well, i can sort of understand if the authors donā€™t want to make this game forbidden for people under 18 years old, but unfortunately that will also affect the realism. Not only the kids will be missing, but also realistic gore and sex. Not that i would need sex in the game, but it would also be realism that could answer my girlfriend or a hooker that, yes, i really need ā€œsomethingā€.

Back in the question about chiIdren. I think that i would rather have invincible children than no children at all.
In any case that would be more realistic.

1 Like

On top of all the aforementioned issues like the animations, cycles, AI etc. children have very poor effort/reward ratio. They do not have potential for interesting quests. Its not like a 10yo boy playing with sticks suddenly sends you on a quest to save the king. Like Flavius said ā€œhalf the population is missingā€ thats true but very dull and uninteresting half of the population. No doubt the supertalented writers from WH would come up with some interesting child-quests but imo in the end it wouldnt be worth the extra effort.
Plus in order to keep in realistic, there would have to be at least one kid per house. But we have already 1000+ NPCs in the game and they say that the cryengine(designed for fpshooters) is barely coping as it is. Adding another couple houndreds NPCs would probably send it over the edgeā€¦

Children would be purely for atmospere, of course. But then again, many things are purely for atmospere in the game. For example paintings on the wall, some animals, sounds, music, trees, weather. Children would just be one more thing to improve the atmosphere. Even women are mostly for atmospere, they arenā€™t really necessary for the gameplay. They are mostly there for entertainment and to enhance the immersion. There are many games with none or very few women (Gothic 1-3 for example). So saying that children would have no purpose is a bad argument given that there are many other things that have no purpose in the game and are only in it to enhance the immersion.

1 Didnā€™t they say that there will be battles with thousands of NPCs in the final game?
2 If Cry Engine canā€™t handle the population, how can they handle these massive battles then?
3 Can you give me a link to their comment on the problems with the population in Cry Engine?

Trailer says PEGI 16.

If I know right there are 1600 NPCs, including animals. That is only one thousand. And yes, they mentioned there will be one large scale battle, maybe expecting few hundreds.