Will there be... sex?

Well, then by THAT token it’s perfectly fine to go around calling people nigger, chink, spic, Kraut, Wop, Nip, redskin, Hajji, or cracker, because hey! Freedom of speech!

Drawing a satirical picture of a long dead man is completely different then that. And there is a double standard with racist slurs. Blacks are allowed to whites every name in the book but if you say one thing back you’re a racist.

Again ill come back to this. Family guy has never reported receiving death threat and they openly mock Christianity in many episodes. How ever if it was Mohammed being mocked we both know fox studios would have been shot up.

Its a double standard. Its okay to mock Christians but when Muslims are mocked there is blood shed. I applaud the people who hosted this event. They were knew the risks but they were willing to show that not Islam is not all powerful and they are just bullies.

1 Like

Back to the original topic there has been mention that Warhorse doesn’t like the standard you give me gifts i have sex with you standard rpg system. So i assume if there is sex it will be with another main character who is important to the story.

Wait, isn’t that what being in a relationship IS?

2 Likes

Ill use Dragon age orgins or mass effect as an example. Ive seen several of them say they don’t want a relationship system like that.

Personaly I don’t care if there is any sex or not. It might even make the game a bit silly if it is overdone.

Nudity - say a buxom young wench washing naked in the river every now and then, that would be a fun addition.

But sex scenes? There are other places a person can find that (like real life?)

cartoon boobs? - sure

cartoon sex? - meh

seems you are bit consevartive in todays world of:

Conservative no, hah! I’m going to be a filthy murdering, thieving scumbag when the game comes out. I would much prefer to be able to pillage the nunnery and rape the nuns than have a sex with some love interest bint as part of a quest.

so:

rape and pillage? - yes

cartoon sex? - meh

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”-Matthew 7:3

Of course we are confronted with more critisism of christianity. Christian traditon is every were in “the west” and effects everyone. I’ve never seen familiy guy but making fun of ones own issues that you acctually know stuff about, is clearly better than an insult to what is persived as “the enemy” based on hearsay.

Last I checked everybody in the world was proclaming there soliderity to Charlie Hebdo. So I don’t see the double standart your complaining about. Of course victimblaming would be just as wrong in this case but that doesn’t automatically turn any inital insult to a great peace of art.

So by “cartoon sex” you mean “romatinc sex” that would show affection of two imaginary characters?

btw. “cartoon” is two dimensional animated visual art. But the game is 3D, so I believe that there will be no cartoon sex or cartoon anything.

EDIT: there could be cartoon sex if some lewd book would be acquirable.

Makes perfect sense.
<.<
-.-’

You are actually saying rape is great, but cartoon sex is meh … in what kind of world are you actually living?

Anyway the real question is, as Dan Vavra and his team have discussed, would sex be in the game to have sex in the game or would it be in because it makes sense in the given circumstances?

It should definitely be the latter and everyone opposing this should answer the question, if it would make sense for a love/romance movie or book to omit sex and kissing or if it would make sense for a war movie or book to omit war crime, death, injury and atrocities?

It definitely does not make sense to me, because if this would be done, we would end up with material made for kids. Do we really want KCD to be a game for kids?
I guess a lot of you like Harry Potter, maybe even Twilight. :grin: But I prefer my reading material and games to tackle the difficult questions, questions I wouldn’t want children to have to think about.

Just to emphasise the brilliance of this quote, I will say to everyone, who is opposed to sex in games, movies, cartoons and real life:

I’m happy this game is actually made by a European company, because somehow Americans seem to refrain from exercising freedom of speech, which they value highly and which surely extends to movies and games, a lot in their media when it comes to controversial and difficult topics.

I am not sure I completely understand.
Being offended by anything, anytime in any society is always meaningless.

2 Likes

I quoted SirWarriant because he advocated being pretty inconsiderate towards Muslims, which I think is incredibly … short sighted.

Personally, I believe being inconsiderate is never the best option and everyone should show some compassion and understanding for their fellow human beings, maybe for all living beings even … I’m not religious and surely not Christian, but since religion is already a part of this debate, I want to add that I’m pretty sure the message of the Bible and the Koran for that matter, is something along those same lines.

So, being offended should not be meaningless to anyone but serve as a good indication that the one being offended is not sharing all of your convictions and that an exchange of opinion might be beneficial.

Actually this is totally wrong. It depends on the era and in our periond and place the morarls were wquite low and people had very loose manners. It was common that priests lived with concubines and had children with them and nobody gave a f**k. It was normal, that people were living together with children and were not married. It got much worse (or better depending on your preferences) later, but at the time of our game it wasnt.

2 Likes

And also yes, we do have plan to have sex or some kind of sexual content. Doesnt mean that you will be able to sleep with everyone anytime though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What?? But what about realism? I mean, if I felt like humping the King’s leg during an audience shouldn’t I be able to do that? Of course there would be consequences, but making it impossible by design would really break my immersion!!!

Just kidding. :smile: Thanks for chiming in and clarifying things. Could you link some sources to your research? I guess some poeple would like to work through them.

Nudity is always fun.

Personally I would love the option to go streaking. Proper Drunk and disorderly.

I don’t wanna imagine how that will affect my reputation though.

1 Like

Will we have a quest where Henry gets married (maybe with the miller´s daugther)? He has the freedom of choise,… or not? (to marry) :smiley:

I would see merriage as problematic as I am not sure how next Acts would react to it.
Would your old choices stay or will new acts be brand new games with hero starting anew?

I guess not, but as I think about it, is there some information here on forums about how transition between acts will be done?

The emotional solution for this „problem“: She dies at the end of act 1