Will this game work well with XBox One controller on Win 10?

Will this game work well when using an X Box One controller on Windows 10? Without this sort of game keyboard and mouse can sometimes work best, though Skyrim, for example, works well with an X Box controller.

Yes, You can use a XBoxOne controller to play the game on Windonws 10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, so there will be mapping a for this?

mapping a? Mapping a what?

It means choosing what the buttons do, something NEEDED for the final game. The same with what keys do what on the keyboard. We NEED to be able to choose which keys do each action.

Oh… okay. Sorry, didn´t understand that! But yes, you will be able to choose about which buttons you prefer in the final game. :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks. BTW I meant “a mapping” not “mapping a”, sorry for the confusion!

How about the xbox 360 controller? I would love to do it just like in GTA, steering cars/horses with the controller and the protagonist itself with mouse + keybord.

You have actually been able to use an Xbox 360 and PS3 controller, since alpha 0.1.

I play with a gamepad as a preference.

2 Likes

But what about the XBox One controller, is it compatible with that on PC (Windows 10), as well as the XBox 360 and PS3 controllers?

XBox controllers work by simply plugging them in. With PS controllers you sometimes need to use x360ce to emulate the XBox controller. It would be nice if all games used PS prompts as an option, but most don’t. Fortunately this doesn’t have any QTE where that is an issue.