Will you guys be on GOG?

I am really interested in buying this game but I would only do it from GOG as I trust them. No offense, but I don’t like the idea of storing my real name and payment information on a random website. It has happened to me before that a website which I trusted has been hacked and my info was disseminated. I understand that I can’t expect every game to go on GOG but I really believe that you guys could benefit from it as could your users.

Thanks for reading my request.

4 Likes

My name is Karpunkov Sergey Nikolaevich. My card № is 4376 2100 1357 5778.

2 Likes

Tell me what site was that. They want to put it on Steam.

I completely support GOG as an online platform!

The main point is that they despise DRM, me too :slight_smile:
Yes, I already bought KC:Deliverance and activated it through Steam, but for the future buyers it will be great to have it DRM free.

It will be wonderful if @warhorse collaborate with CD Projekt for bringing their game to GOG.

2 Likes

Highly doubt it. How many new AAA games have been released on GOG? Witcher 3 is the only one I can think of and that’s their own game.

So no, I don’t see it being released on GOG, just Steam. The only real question is if it’s gonna have Denuvo or not.

Every site can be hacked, life is ugly & terrible.

My name is Karpunkov Sergey Nikolaevich. My card № is 4376 2100 1357 5778.

I am sure that’s wonderful for you.

I completely support GOG as an online platform!

The main point is that they despise DRM, me too :slight_smile:
Yes, I already bought KC:Deliverance and activated it through Steam, but for the future buyers it will be great to have it DRM free.

It will be wonderful if @warhorse collaborate with CD Projekt for bringing their game to GOG.

Not only is the platform DRM free, I also feel like the people there are more mature. I can understand why warhorse might be reluctant to release their game without a DRM but sooner or later it will end up being cracked anyway, I also like that GOG doesn’t update their TOS as frequently with the option to either accept or loose all the money you had previously invested in the platform.

DRM bad, for insecure developers. GOG good, good old games.

All that “hurrr I don’t liek DRM” is a load of poseur hipster crap in this day and age. Despising DRM made sense back in the day when various DRM programs like Securom, Starforce, Safedisk etc. were basically malwares, annoying at best and dangerous at worst. And who wouldn’t hate Diablo 3 or SimCity always-online crap when you could play the game for like 10 minutes a day, if you were lucky.

But today? The only DRM in use today is Denuvo and you don’t even know it’s there. So where’s the problem? It doesn’t reset your computer, doesn’t mess with your installation or keys, doesn’t slow down your machine so why the hell should I care? The only reason I always buy at GOG is because Steam steals away 30% of the money and I want to support the developers. Plus in case of KCD it’s best to buy from Warhorse directly, that way they keep all the money.

1 Like

I have seen people claim that Denuvo does upload your private data and also that it shortens the lifespan of SSDs. I don’t know if that is true or not. I also had rebuy older games because their DRM prevented it from running on a newer machine. To me there are more reasons to prefer GOG over steam than just the lack of a DRM. And I did buy the Game from the website directly, for the very reason you mention @KarlosCV. However if it does come out on GOG I might buy it again.

None of those claims are true. I’ve spent a whole day googling that shit before I bought my expensive SSD and left completely satisfied it’s all hipster hysteria. As for rebuying older games - none of those DRMs are in use today.

Again, I hated DMR guts just like everyone else back in the day, especially the shit that limited your installation. Also always-online, the biggest scam ever. But Denuvo is completely invisible. The only people who are butthurt because of Denuvo are real pirates who’re mad they can’t have a new game on day 1 anymore and have to wait weeks or even months until the Russians or Chinese crack it.

@KarlosCV

I guess you have a point there but what when the respective Denuvo version becomes incompatible to new versions of Windows? I doubt that Game Devs want to keep a subscription to Denuvo just to keep their older games playable.

Denuvo is part of the games (that’s the whole point), the games themselves would have to become incompatible. Which they will, I guess, in 10 years or so anyway. And then you’ll have to rebuy them on GoG stripped off the DRM :smiley:

1 Like

"Hello ,

I’m sorry but we can’t offer the same service as these other game developers do. We can’t change the key from Steam to GOG as they are different companies and unfortunately, we only have Steam keys to give out to our Kickstarter backers. There is not a way of converting Steam keys to GOG in the same way that GOG games can be redeemed on Steam. As we are the developer and Deep Silver deal with the distribution we cannot offer another option. I’m sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding,"

We have to contact and pressure deep silver! not Warhorse Studios!

1 Like

kingdom come diliverance will (as it says on thier website) be released drm-free 27-2-18 there is still an option to preorder the drm-free option