Worst combat system ever!

You’re absolutely correct I am wasting my time with these people white knighting for the only part that completely ruins what could have been a amazing game. And seriously the dev that decided the main protagonist of the story had to be a wimp needs taken out back and beaten.

I think it would be great if the character creation was flexible, but I can see why it’s not. The storyline is fixed, with a lot of cinematic that just can’t be done for anyone other than Henry. Certainly if you just can’t stand playing Henry, then this isn’t the game for you. On the other hand you do get a bunch of choices about what kind of Henry you want to be.

The combat system is very clunky and hard at first but once you get a certain level of proficiency it’s satisfying on a whole different level than even a modded Skyrim. In a lot of ways what you have with KCD out of the box is what a bunch of hardcore / survival / NPC AI / combat Skyrim mods are trying to accomplish - and KCD hardcore mode delivers an experience modded Skyrim can only dream of.

1 Like

You are just stupid… or a troll.

How about actually spending 5 minutes to learn about a game before buying it?

go play skyrim or Is that also too hard for you?
If so there are plenty of dump-down openworld games with no real story .

3 Likes

If this guy Is joking. OML! You’re the funniest guy I know and I hope we could be friends if you are joking you are Hilarious!

If you’re not. Then maybe you haven’t heard of real life. Listen, In real life. This is basically how they fought with weapons. Why the heck would you ever kick someone as hard as possible. What if. WHAT IF. He side steps or back steps or just parry the kick aside. Now, you’re off balance. Also, in a real fight. I would love to see you get a CHANCE to bend down and grab enough sand or dirt to impair your enemy before he kicks your head in. Also, they are trained soldiers, they know about nut kicks. If youre using fist and hit LT or L2 you kick at the nuts and get a free swing. But its mainly used to counter a punch if you know its coming. Because they just walk backwards each time otherwise. “Pull hair” you could just grab the guys wrist while hes pulling your hair and punch the heck out of him while using the punching hand to block and parry and your leg to defend against knees. Suplex him? Just put your foot behind his heel and use your elbow on him until he lets go because you can’t lift someone when their foot is behind yours.

Also who said their is rules in a sword fight in this game? You can use a mace even a halberd. Most fights is 1v4. And the game encourages you to be dishonest and use a bow and feint with a sword Sooo no. What you said was fantasy.

But if you do want more action combat. Play sekiro or dark souls. I love both those games and armor in those games are only a stat defense and the combat is faster.

You know literally NOTHING of what you’re talking about. Thus, shut up. You’re acting like you’re 12 and you want a anime fighting game. Dude, just go play the games based off berserk. Berserk seems more for you. And I like it myself. It’s a good manga and has a good anime adaptation. So just go play the games. Or just ya know. Play a fist fighting game like UFC.

I am genuinely assuming you’re either a edgy teen or a ignorant kid. OR you’re joking and you’re a absolute legend if you’ve been joking with use the entire time. I really hope you’re just joking because it would be real funny if you were !

1 Like

Okay I tried to stay out of this comment section but come on… Y’all are all saying how Henry doesn’t know how to fight them use fighting techniques to explain why Henry doesn t right like a guy just trying to survive. Hell Henry could probably learn things faster then any of us as he’s in a lot of .life of death situations…Not to mention when he runs out of stamina and gets knocked down and or stumbles… Drag your hand along the dirt and pick some up just so you know I’m pointing that out as a fat 350 pound man who hasn’t fought in my life get even Ik that you can use the momentum from almost anything to fight better.

1 Like

Bruh, listen you’re fighting weapons. Not fist, you can’t afford to waste time. Especially when its 1vX. It’s very likely both hands are occupied aswell. Longsword, holding a torch. Or arming sword with a shield. Most of the time you’re fighting to the death and wrong move will kill you. I’d rather keep my body straight and well balanced, and pay attention then thinking when is a good time to throw a heavy weighted kick, or when to lose a hand to throw dirt. Not to mention when you’re avoiding attacks you’ll likely drop it.

Even using a one handed arming sword. You still grab the sword by the blade to help pierce chainmal or use like a mace. Why are you guys not complaining you cant Mordhau grip a sword. Holding it by the blade and using the guard as a hammer(No it would not cut your hand if it doesn’t slide in your hand. It was used in history aswell) Honestly I think it’s dumb you can’t mordhau grip a sword. But you think “Dirty fighting” should be in a melee weapon fighting medieval realistic fighting rpg game. Even kicking a shield isn’t really effective if you hold the shield correctly.

I’m not a expert on martial arts but I do some, fencing and fist martial arts aswell. Plus it’s a video game FOCUSED on realistic sword fighting with proper European Techniques

1 Like

Let’s not threaten the developers with a good time. And maybe your Henry is a bitch but mine ain’t.

2 Likes

you catch them in the dome with a mace strike, dead enemy or at least 100% incapacitated.

Go watch 1:20. Other than Runt, no enemy does not wear some sort of head protection (Civilians and merchants aren’t enemies unless you’re just massacring for the sake of it) A mace, let alone three guys with halberds, isn’t going to take you down in plate. Most medieval fighting is aiming for weak or unarmoured joints or fighting in a clinch/grapple until someone gets a dagger in there

So you want video games to be shitty downgraded and streamlined products just because you have no time to learn to play? Wow. What is the point anyway? Watch a movie or something. Video games are meant to be problem solving simulators and if it doesn’t have enough of that, then it’s boring. I bet you can’t play casual games longer than 30 minutes, not because you don’t have time, but because you get bored of them so easily.

4 Likes

Some bandits don’t wear helmet :wink:

Also Bohurt got very little to do with medieval fighting… it is a modern sport that have taken a bit of inspiration from the medieval period…

Can’t say I ever really played that Batman game…

Umm you remained 3 years old for the entirety of the early 90s?? Can I ask how?? Useful trick! Teach me!!!

1 Like

What you are displaying is not so much a grievance of the combat system, but more the massive level of your entitlement syndrome.

It is not the worst combat system ever.
You are probably one of the most entitled gamers ever.

Go play scrabble. Stay away from computer games. You will never find one that suits you.

2 Likes

He certainly kept his “I want” level from when he was three.
His parents should have put down some ground rules for how to behave.

1 Like

I can’t help but think that I hope all your games expire your “return date”, so that you waste all that money while trying to find your perfect game.

Please, Sir. Don’t hate on me. I’m just a forum reader exercising my right to think you are terribly wrong in your attitude.

(the “Sir” bit is just a joke. I don’t really mean it)

What’s funny to me is if one is patient with this game, taking the time necessary to learn how to play it, one can become a “walking 1 man genocide” as he puts it. Ya just have to do more than swing a sword back and forth lol.

4 Likes

While his reasoning is childish, he is not wrong though, combat system is not the strongest aspect of the game.
And game is realistic only when it want it be realistic. When it doesn’t suit it, it will gladly step over the realism.

Examples??