Worth Paying Money For

is the Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beta version game itself worth paying money for?

Well its really what you think its worth. There will be no more updates but there are many quests to do, random events to find and a large area to explore. I’ve also heard you can get passed the invisible walls to see the rest of the game’s world! :slight_smile: They said if you take your time that it could take 10+ hours to “beat” the beta while if you rush through it you could do it in 5 hours. I prefer to take my time and enjoy the game but be warned there are bugs!

Bugs for sure - not the least of which is an inability to load a saved game without risking data corruption.

If you want to help the devs find bugs, then yes, go ahead and get it.
If you can tolerate a non-trivial number of bugs and want to explore a gorgeous open world, then yes, it might be worth it.
If you want to play a game, but not spend lots of time figuring out bugs (many of which are introduced by lack of a working game save/load (really!), then save your $$$ until they get it released - IF they get it released.

1 Like

dude this game cannot be bad, its developed by the same guy who made mafia 1, I can only recommend buying it as soon as you can :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is absolutely positively worth the money!

2 Likes

of course , 198.168.l.l It is worth the money!!!

1 Like

But really. The devs are asking for $50 US doesn’t anybody think that is a lot for this game as buggy and unfinished as it looks? Not to mention that it’s not even close to finished and they’re asking a AAA price

1 Like

Its price for finished product, which you just happen to play a little bit early. Nothing wrong with that, take it as preorder.

If you want to play a game, absolutely not. Just bought t today. Crashed twice. Performance is awful (saw a bug report that said do not touch settings, which I had already done). Even for a beta. Can’t pick up an object - shows the banner but I can’t take it. Pretty poor dialogue. Despite bugs and crashes, nothing in the logs so I can;t even report back.

OTOH if you want to support the project then maybe. I love the concept behind the game. It is pretty. Haven’t gotten to combat yet so no opinions there. Hoping it gets finished properly.

Support devs and get better product later. Perfect game incoming anyway like 3-7 months far from release i think

I’m guessing that you’re right - probably closer to 7 than 3. Besides numerous crashes they have to work performance and fill in quite a few voice overs, Guarantee getting performance right is going to be non trivial. The bugs will come in two categories - straight up software errors like the crashes and errors in quest design and interaction.

The crashes are disconcerting. A beta should be reasonably playable. The frequency indicates either one big problem or (worse) lots of scattered vulnerabilities. I’m guessing, given the lack of error logging, that the code is written in C or C++. Somebody had better improve the null pointer checks.