Wow! Awesome potential here!

FX-8350, RX 480 4GB, 8GBs RAM, 512GB SSD
CPU, RAM, and VC are slightly OCd
(not a top-of-the-line gaming rig but not bad)

I just purchased the game and downloaded the beta last night. All I can say is, “Wow, I can’t wait till it gets released!” I haven’t done much except ride around town, talk to a few people, killed a bandit(?) outside of town. The eye-candy is simply amazing!
Just to see how much the game punishes my system, I cranked up all the settings to very high and pushed all the LOD, object, and vegetation distance sliders to max. I get around 10-20 fps with regular stutters every 5-10 seconds or so. On max settings the game is using all my VRAM, unfortunately. Gonna try to get it down to just under 4GB with some settings tweaking.

Does the KC:D beta use all CPU cores available? Are there any .cfg options yet to further multithread some of the processes?

2 Likes

They say the beta is an old optimized build and the final game should be lot smoother

1 Like

Same here. I did it last week and I’m really enjoying combat.

The beta stage of the game has been abandoned and the creators have focused solely on the final product. As you can imagine, this takes hours and hours of polishing. The final release is supposed to run smoothly even on mid-tier machines, so I wouldn’t worry about it. Not until it’s live at least :wink:

Get yourself a refund. Kingdom Come Deliverance will never be released.

5 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder where the dislike button on this forum is… I guess it’s not necessary to say what post I think about :rolling_eyes:

2 Likes

We shall see. If by E3 they don’t announce the release date then I’ll begin to get worried.

What would suck about a summer release is wasting the summer inside playing a video game.
I will be really jealous of Australians at that point.

1 Like

So it seems that it’s the LOD, object, and vegetation distance that really kills the FPS. If I leave those alone there’s only a few FPS difference (and maybe more frequent stuttering) between the ‘medium’ and ‘very high’ settings.