Xbox controller analog sensitivity not working

I’m using an xbox controller to play via steam, and so I’ve gone into big picture mode on Steam and configured the controls for Kingdom Come Deliverance as intended, and all is good, however I cannot figure out how to get the analog right toggle (look command) to output smooth analog functions in game. In other words, whether or not i look right very slightly or 100% it always pans at the same speed as though it was a digital input. I have tried many settings in the Steam config, including inputting the right toggle to align to mouse but that doesn’t work. Does KCD support analog inputs from xbox controllers to enable gradual inputs? Please can anyone help with this? It’s very annoying to have to play the game without the smooth transitions of looking around, and it makes lockpicking impossible with Xbox controller.

Actually, this looks like it is a Steam issue rather than KCD, as when I play without using the Steam controller config everything is fine. For the record, the reason I am using the steam controller config rather than the native xbox is because I want to be able to change the controls for the game on my xbox and this is the only way that I can see it is possible.