Xbox one 1.3 what works and what doesn’t

My crashing issues seem to be fixed, thanks Warhorse!
Texture pop in may have been slightly improved, but it’s still pretty bad.
Masquerade is still bugged for me. Olena’s quest marker shows up in the creek outside Talmberg but she’s nowhere to be found.
In a Woman Scorned the woman told me to come talk to her in one day. I’ve waited at least a week and she still hasn’t showed up.
I just did the Scavenger quest and as soon as I dug up the items at skalitz, I was told to return the items to the quest giver, but immediately the quest disappeared from my quest ledger so I can’t complete it.

2 Likes

Textures pop in still an issue. Honestly I don’t think it will ever get fixed. If I ride my horse at full speed the game still freezes for 5 to 10 seconds and now it’s happening when I run as well.

Combat seems to have been beefed up. I went on a killing spree in sasua and instead of the usual god like Henry destroying everything I actually had some good decent fights. It seems that enemies are doing lots of combos and perfect blocks. I actually struggled to even do any combos of my own bc they were executing perfect blocks so much. Might be that I was fighting experienced guards so that’s understandable. I was still able to kill of an entire town in the end it just took a lot longer and I actually had to run to get some time to pop a few potions and use bandages. It seems groups swarm you a lot more effectively. I did notice that my Attack reticle kept switching on its own and it never use too so it was annoying not sure what that was about though.

1 Like

About the Scavenger quest try to look into the quest log and you will probabily find that the quest is successfully complete. You can optionally return the items to Beran or to his wife.

1 Like

On PS4 Pro texture loading seems to have been dramatically improved. I’ve just finished a 10 hour shift and am really tired so maybe my assessment of the graphics isn’t as astute as usual but the difference seems very noticeable to me.

Of course I can’t speak to the graphics on the base Xbox One. I expect the more powerful consoles will have benefited more from this patch than the base consoles though.

I’m playing on Xbox one x and I see very little improvement on the texture pop in

1 Like

A Woman Scorned is not broken. I recommend visiting the house she was headed for and then speaking to the innkeeper near the start of the quest.

1 Like

I really hoped this would fix the horrendous pop-ins and textures, but nope. It’s quite frustrating and confusing. Version 1.1 was absolutely fine for me, yet ever since 1.2 everything pops in at about 10 yards away.
It’s just barely at the point where it’s too immersion breaking and I can’t play the game in this state. I just want it how it was originally. Until then, I’ll have to shelf the game, unfortunately. I was really loving it, too.

Cherchez la femme quest still broken for me (can’t get Nicholas to sign confession - no dialogue prompt in relation to confession).

I also have no option to speak to Jake Piperman about poachers.

My game didn’t crash at all last night, it used to crash every time I went into quest tab but I’m not confident that this has gone yet although I did go into quest tab a few times.

This is exactly the same experience as me, patch 1.2 ruined my experience with the game. It’s not the first time a developer has neutered the graphics of a game with a patch in order to improve performance buy refuses to acknowledge it officially in the hope that most people won’t notice.

I ahven’t played much with patch 1.3 but I was hoping the pop-in would have been improved. Texture streaming has definitely improved, that is something I have no doubt about.

Since 1.3 the game doesn‘t load anymore after sleeping. I get an endless loading screen everytime heinrich should wake up. Playing on Xbox One X. Framerate seems more unstable then before. Pop Ins are slightly better but I think because of the better pop ups framerate drops more often

It seems to be only the upper bed at the mill of Theresas uncle. Two other beds worked fine

a rock and a hard place and gallows brothers still bugged. has anyone successfully finished it for the judas achievement? i am on xbox1

I got the Judas achievement a couple of days ago with patch 1.3 on Xbox. With previous patch I couldn’t find the sack of money in Talmberg castle.

As a note you also have to accept the quest from Matthew (not only ask him about details).

did you get the sack of money at the talmberg castle? i have a save where i didn’t even started the main quest yet but have progressed on a rock and a hard place and gallows brothers. could you help? how did you do it.

I’m seeing some improvements across certain broken quests and graphical anomalies.

That being said: On the Xbox One X, I am getting the most ridiculous stuttering every time I move anywhere. It doesn’t matter if I’m walking or riding there is a constant annoying stutter, which seems more prevalent nearer towns which wasn’t there before. It looks like ‘microstutter’ and is extremely off putting to the point I have stopped playing for now.

I didn’t see this behaviour immediately after installing 1.3, but it did begin to manifest itself the further I got in the story. It was probably around the time i hit Sasua when it really became an issue. It was around that time that I also bought a new horse (Buchephalus).