Xbox One X fan issue

Check my previous post, which describes my experience with Star Wars Battlefront 2

If your looking for any cooling stuff made for media equipment AC Infinity make alot of cooling products.

Iā€™ve put my X in open space where is nothing on the left , right & above the machine. And iā€™m playing on well cooled room.

My X had also plenty of space, but it was placed on wood and it was very hot from X and heat was accumulating on bottom, so also chech the temperature under your X1X :wink:

We canā€™t all be having overheating issues all at the same time playing the same game, must be a KCD bug? Or not optimised correctly for consoles?
Itā€™s the only game thatā€™s doing it on my Xbox One X

1 Like

Same constantly going loud

1 Like

Yes, we all know the game is not well optimised for consoles, they are in load for all the time and resulting FPS is low and textures are popping and ā€¦ and ā€¦ and ā€¦ It is not yet optimised for consoles.
But, how do you actually know, that your X1X is overheating? It actually might be OK to have the fan running on max, if it cools the Xbox enough. It is a HW failure if it overheats, Xbox should switch off when it detects that the tempereatures are dangerous for the system (as all computers do).

Anyway, my experience with baked X is from the Xbox One X release week. I hope, it is better prepared for overheating scenario now. I am only saying, donā€™t trust that X1X will survive high temperatures for a long time alone, check your temperatures and if your X is hot, try to cool it down ā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips Sir.

The outlet temps were posted by one source I read. There are others, just search Xbox One X temperatures.

Outlet temps were clocked at around 54 Idle-65c at full load in numerous articles. Mine I checked with 2 heat guns a while back when the article came out and I was right around 120F at idle warmed up which is right around the 54C. My enclosed cabinet where the X is, has a temp probe.So when I am playing any other game , even 4k games,I am seeing the cabinet temp at 71-75 F. Yes this isnt the outlet temp out the back but it is representative of whats going on in the cabinet. I have 2 120mm fans exhausting the cabinet and probably pulling air through the X. Cabinet has a fresh air souce down low and fans are mouted high. On KCD it perplexes me though. Cabinet temp will be in the 71-75F range and out of nowhere the internal fan will just spool up to max for a few seconds. It doesnt happen all the time either. The 2 120mm fans I have are pulse width modulated so as the set temp of 80Ā°F I have set in the controller, the fans are stepped up to max in 5 increments in every 2Ā° raise in temp from 70Ā° to 80Ā°F. The fans are not on full blast they are just strolling along at step 2 at say 74Ā° F and the internal X fan just randomly spools up to max on KCD. Every single game I have ever played on this X has never done this wether it is Gears 4 4k, Tomb Raider 4k, Battlefront 2 , Battlefield 1. This is why I noticed it right away. Its loud.It has never done this until KCD.

2 Likes

All xboxes Iā€™ve owned had bad thermal paste in them. And the latest one was no difference. The day I got my x1x home the fan would rev up a bit every now and then. I opened it up (warranty void) and checked the paste. Sure enough, only half of the cpu was covered and it looks like some cheap stuff. Clean it off with isopropanol and put some high quality paste on.
Now I canā€™t hear my fan when playing KCD or any other game.
My biggest issue is with kcd. When I install it. Its defaults to german language. I set it to english and it starts to download 2gb english languagepack. Installation fails and never resumes. When i restart the xbox the game isnā€™t there so i have to download 21gb all over and itā€™s back to german. GRRR