Xbox One X fan issue

When I load this game up, Xbox digital version, it makes my Xbox sound like a jet engine. The fan does not get loud like that for any other game.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

its not constantly screaming but yes KCD makes my Xbox One X scream unlike any other game

2 Likes

Yup my Xbox one X sounds like it’s taking off. Not one other game I play has causing this and it doesn’t sound healthy. It’s not even that graphically intense that it should burn it up. AC origins doesn’t even get it going

1 Like

I have this problem to, I put a fan on top of my Xbox and it cools it down even more, if I don’t do that my Xbox shuts off

1 Like

My X does this too, I just figured it was hard on the GPU and was genuinely running hot. I was mildly concerned that it could run too hot for too long. I remember Fallout 3 on 360 ran with the fan constantly on high, so there’s other games that push hardware.

2 Likes

Its good to know I’m not the only one dealing with this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed because the fan running like that can’t be good for the Xbox.

1 Like

Yes…I also noticed this. My cabinet has dual 120mm Ac infinity fans for heat. It is also a concern when the X starts doing this the game has crashed or froze and crashed, or just froze and after a 5-10 SEC delay resumes gameplay. It doesnt do this on any other game thst pushes it hard. BF1, Battlefront 2, Tomb Raider in 4k, not even close. The X getting this loud is concerning to honest.

1 Like

Happening on mine as well. Glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Yeah me too,i’m on digital version as well. That sound like a jet engine. I’m scared it’s going to blow.

1 Like

Yup, it’s normal i guess. Mine does the same thing if I’m playing forza horizon 3.

1 Like

i have the game on the disk and the same problem…

1 Like

Same with my Xbox One X. Tested with both digital version and the disc and they do the exact same thing.

None of the games I’ve played running in full 4K for hours or any of the massive demanding games have ever made my XB1X as loud as this game so something is definitely up.

Not a major deal but still hope it gets looked at.

1 Like

Well, let me scare you a bit. When I got my Xbox One X, the first game I installed and almost only played was Star Wars Battlefront 2, X1X was in load and on high revs … After 5 days (let’s say 8 hours a day) I was forced to return my X1X, because it overheated. I was very sad, because it was the limited Scorpio edition. I then got a replacement (standard X) and now I am playing with my X1X on notebook cooling pad with 6 fans for sure … And X1X is now cold, only the area where is the GPU is a bit warmer than the rest, but still too cold for a hand, also Xbox’s fans are running low all the time even with Kingdom Come. So, be warned, check the temperatures around the X1X and try to find a better place if it is warm - mine was on a wooden TV stand, which was very warm as it was getting heated by X1X and returned the heat to it …

1 Like

I have a temp probe in my entertainment center. I have one intake vent for air down low and 2 120mm fans for exhaust on high. With every other game my cooling fans dont go higher than 50-60%.Temp inside right above the X is btween 73-77° on every other game. Even prolonged game plays. KCD plays right around 75-77°. You have me concerned though I have the scorpio edition as well. What happened to yours exactly?

Same to me. Was surprised how silence the Xbox One X is usual. In other games, the fan fired on for short times in very rare situations.

In Deliverance, it’s almost always running like a jet (or like a PS4 normally)

It stopped downloading anything, so I tried to restart and after restart it didn’t started. I was then forced to reset system from USB, which I was able, but after restart it was the same, probably HDD overheated, MS support only told me that they can’t help me and I have to return it or give it to them to fix it (probably 6 weeks). … I asked my friend with Scorpio editon as I was writing this and he just told me (he knows my story) that his Scorpio was too like a jet in KC and also bought that cooling pad yesterday :smiley: And it is better, but he is already scared it is too late …

I get the same on my Xbox One X, only happens with this game?
Should we be worried? Puts me off playing if it’s spinning up every couple of minutes!?

So on top of being a bugged out mess this game is breaking people’s Xbox one’s? JFC. What was the last launch that had this many technical problems? Mass effect andromeda? That game was buggy trash with quality well below KCD but it wasn’t breaking hardware either.

1 Like

Come on, you can’t break hardware by software and if so, then it is a failure of the hardware, that means Xbox.

Seriously though, should I be worrying about my X? This is the only game that does it and I mean it almost constantly is running hard…