XBOX Specific Bugs - Headless NPCs, Missing Story/Dialogue Scenes

Hi all!

Glad to be here. Been waiting for this game for a long time.

Is anyone else getting the issue with headless NPCs and missing dialogue/story scenes?

After bringing all the materials to Henry’s father, it just starts skipping the story/dialogue scenes. The screen goes black, then get told to get nails for whats her name. Then once I get them and bring them to her, it goes black, and it’s at the point where you have to find a horse and escape the village.

There are no story scenes or anything, it just goes black after you do something, etc. Then you start off at the next point.

Then once you get to Talmberg, neither the knight you meet or the Lady have heads. Most of the people in Talmberg are headless, or faceless, etc. The interaction scenes with them are totally without any voice dialogue.

Has anyone else on XBox encountered this stuff? Just hoping the patch coming in the next few weeks will resolve this stuff.

Because once this game runs smoothly, it would easily be the best game of the year imho.

Either way, despite all the headless silent people, I’m going to keep playing anyways and just pretend that I’m playing Dark Souls.

1 Like

Hey there!
I have also been waiting for this game (for what seems an eternity) and play on the Xbox. Everything you have mentioned describes my experience exactly. I am really disappointed because now I have to go back and watch the cinematics on YouTube rather than watching them live.
I only see certain NPC’s heads, however everyone else is completely headless. It is a huge disappointment. Hopefully the patch they release actually solves the problem.

1 Like

Yeah, the more I’ve been browsing, it seems others are in the same boat as us with the exact same bugs. It makes me wonder what the situation is with XBox users who aren’t experiencing the same bugs. I uninstalled it yesterday and then reinstalled it and encountered the same exact stuff.

All in all, I still have faith in the game and believe in the vision of the developers, just hoping things get sorted out in the next few weeks or so.

Classic Xbox One, S or X?

Maybe it’s addressing just some RAM versions or whatever. Playing on the X and besides some glitchs I noticed almost no real bugs since hours.

I heared of people with similar problems on vanilla PS4 before Day-One-Patch. They hat to clear the HDD cache besides reinstalling. Xbox Patch should arrive these days Warhorse said…

1 Like

Yep, me too – no cut scenes, and I noticed that one of the guys that was about to kill me had no head inside his helmet (this after I mysteriously appeared outside the town walls with the sound of screaming and mysteriously being hunted by some Medieval jackasses). Hope this gets patched sooner rather than later… was just digging into the game.

Using a regular old Xbox One.

1 Like

Same here, at first I didn’t notice it but then I remember after looking at some let’s plays there was suppose to be dialogue and a cutscene here and there. It all starts after you bring the supplies to father at the forge. It’s a shame really cause I was really starting to enjoy the game but now it’s just frustrating to NOT see the story play out for me.

1 Like

I’m using a classic XBox One.

I just started playing and I’m having the same problems. If this continues throughout the game I doubt that I will be playing it much longer. I am highly disappointed since this is the exact kind of game I’m looking for. I am also on xbox one.

Worst bug I have is when I goto buy or sell items I have to wait 10 minutes before I can complete the purchase. Henry remains dark on the screen but slowly becomes visable then I can sell stuff. Real painbin the ass. Only happens on Xbox not Ps4.