Xbox version ok to play now?

yup. In the past I have seen part of a castle suddenly appear when it wasn’t there a moment ago as I arrive at the scene

Yeah- I tried frelmedievals ‘horse run through rattay’ test- and starting from the millers at gallop speed I can get through the rattay township/castle out one gate andin another and ride back again.
Might not be the fastest horse - but my 1200mb per second M2 drive paired with quad channel ram and fast memory timings on an over clocked intel 6 core/12 thread- It never missed a beat- every texture is already loaded and the ultra graphics quality delivers every step of the way…
My pc is a relative cheapy and a few years old. Ultra plus at 50 frames per second is the norm. (AMD fury video card).

Expecting no pop up isnt likely…
The same game on a mates pc (regular SSD and only 4c/8t intel) and the games takes forever to load (vs the sub ten seconds on my pc)… and I see clothing rips draw onto screen… (and other textures).

KCD is a true ‘next gen’ title.
Other than battlefield 1 multiplayer-nothing uses my pc harder.

1 Like

I’m now about 20 hours into the game and i have only experienced two minor bugs. Neither caused me to lose progress or ctd. The texture pop in that was so awful at launch is almost entirely absent now. It really only occurs now if i’m sprinting in a dense area.
I looked forward to this game for a very long time and was supremely disappointed at the problems i was having at launch. So much so that i refunded the game, but so far 1.5 on the xbox one x is brilliant. I hope it stays this way, because this game has grabbed me in a way that only the witcher 3, pillars of eternity, fallout 4, and divinity original sin have in the last 4 or 5 years.

you see? i was right all along. people who sold the game for a few bugs i feel really sorry for as they lost out.

Interesting. My vanilla PS4 has never had any problems with B1 massive multi player conquest. That glare you see is a M1903 Sniper :skull:

Fwiw, I get pop ins and clipping issues not just from Rattay canter-gallop (‘race’) but also sprinting. I guess one isn’t supposed to … now, once every several times, shop vendors’ faces and clothing don’t render detail until after about 5 or secs. So, they have gummy bear texture when the cutscene starts. The symbols on shields (esp fancy Talmberg one) also lag in rendering.

For many, including myself, it wasn’t a few bugs. I encountered game breaking bugs three times that halted all progression. The textures were loading so late in Rattay that it virtually ruined the experience. It was really bad for a lot of people, and it was reasonable to dump the game on those grounds.
My intention all along was to buy it again after it was fixed, but i’ve been anticipating this game for years. Not everyone was waiting for this game with bated breath, and a bad launch can kill someone’s interest if it’s not particularly strong to begin with.

I been playing for a week now, got the game during the Xbox sale. It’s being great. The only 2 issues I encountered is rendering not fast enough sometimes, but in a usual it’s just a 5sec delay. The other is training with Captain Benard, if you see him holding a invisible sword over his head. Don’t train in the arena with him, because he will crash the game, and you will be stuck in the arena. His animation won’t play, and you are in limbo. The fix is just wait till next day. Other then that no other issues, I got 100hrs so far.

I may have been too quick with my praise. I have hit an infinite load screen before giving the sermon for father Godwin. I’ve tried to get through it four times now. I’m going to be really fucking pissed if i lose this save. I had to restart the game three times at launch after numerous hours on each save.

This is 1.6. Just downloaded it a couple hours ago. I’d had practically no issues with 1.5

This is why I save the game after every little thing I do. I wish they would add a camp option. (I haven’t updated it yet. Ones I get a chance I will test training again.)

1.6 is way buggier than 1.5 so far. The past few days have been rather tedious with around 12 instances of ctd or infinite loading. And the texture pop in, which was all but solved in 1.5, is awful one again. Not as bad as 1.1 or 1.2 but it’s definitely affecting immersion and enjoyment.

1 Like

Ya I agree, I have so many bug tickets. The support dude can’t even keep up. He told me to record everything I come by and send it to him. Bugs I came across 1.6:
During the prologue if you get a arrest warrant and reload a save that you don’t have a arrest warrant, it carries over to that save and corrupts it. So you have to load a much older save. I haven’t encountered later in game. But won’t surprise me.

The best thing to do is to wait for the stable version because I think it 's still unstable. Need a lot of patches.

I’d say if you’re experiencing bugs this late into the patch development then you are probably never gonna get a game you’ll be hapy with. seems every patch breaks other things. but i can say i don’t have anywhere near the problem some do here. i’d say just go with a patch which works for 75% of cases and just stick with it and don’t update.

I already have 1.6. Going back to 1.5 isn’t an option. I have a digital copy so the only version i now have access to is 1.6.
Regardless, they just need to fix it. They had 1.5 running well so there’s no reason to think they can’t do that with 1.6.

thats sad man. i was happy you got the game running good on 1.5 but warhorse let you down again.

Exactly the same situation for me, was loving the game in version 1.5, very happy with the graphics and performance on PS4 Pro.

After this latest update the graphics have been ruined and the pop-in is horrendous, it totally destroys my immersion. I wish I’d never updated! Hadn’t intended to as I didn’t trust Warhorse not to bugger up the graphics like they have with previous updates but circumstances obliged me to download and install my digital copy again and now the game feels unplayable.

I’m getting rendering issues with the fancy Talmberg shield on guards walking around in the inn/settlement area on a brand new playthrough (Run/Homecoming). Can’t wait for someone to say the consoles are limited or that kind of graphics behaviour is expected in cityscapes.

A canter/gallop through Rattay sounds like it’s going to be visually curious.

It fucking sucks. This is probably my second ot third favorite game in the last five years but they’re making it really hard to feel good about it.