Zero encounters after 1.3

How do i check if its locked? Dont know what that means :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, im running on steam so im using the +exec user.cfg command. The user.cfg is working because im using some other stuff aswell from that file. i.e. the show cursor command (for bow), volumetric fog etc, so the user.cfg is working 100%

Hey, no worries. Do you have steam version? Change the whgame.dll in your data folder with the one from nexus.

Then the main thing is to increase your encounters. so type in your user.cfg - wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1 to increase encounters

if you have steam in the game library click right mouse button on kcd then properties launch option and type +exec user.cfg

if you change the whgame.dll and set the user.cfg it should work

The main thing here is the basechancerunoffset 1 as it increase the amount of encounters

I have the cooldown on 1 and have encounters on every corner

Grimbarian is this with a fresh save or a save you already had before the 1.3.1 patch?

Hornet, thank you first of all for taking the time for all these replies.
Much appreciated.
Secondly, i have done (i THINK?) everything that you said, and im still not getting any random encounters.
Funny thing is, Grimbarian uploaded a save of his and i used it, and i get random encounters on HIS save, so im inclined to believe that i am not getting any encounters on my save/playthrough cause of a quest-related-bug-whatever.
Anyway, i’ll post screenshots of my stuff so you see if i have something wrong.
Once again, thanks ALOT for taking time to reply :slight_smile:

Worth mentioning is that my user.cfg IS working, because im getting the dot/rectile when i use my bow (i know, cheesing it, meh) and all those graphical changes ive made in my user.cfg are working aswell…

I really cant figure it out, since Grimbarians save-file is working and getting me random encounters…
Edit : Adding a screenshot of ingame confirmation that user.cfg is working.

The idea of using an old save is brilliant. i tried a savegame from nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/340?tab=description and it worked wonders, perfect for a new playthrough in my opinion.i had more enemies mod and got jumped by 7 cumans.

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug=0
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled=1
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset=1

in user cfg. did nothing else with it. first time i see road encounter in 2 days. also saw a waytraveller.

It’s with my ongoing 1.3.2 save

Interesting, I have:

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug 1

Which I thought was required for the Nexus mod to work. I also have the more enemies mod, last night I finally had to use a bandage for the first time in 95 hours, ironically this wasn’t a fast travel encounter but I was riding my horse and suddenly a dead body appeared on the ground 50m in front of me (guess the game spawned it in), I went to investigate and 6 heavily armed Cumans ran out of the bushes and attacked me, struggled to attack them from the outside in so they were hitting me in the back, from the sides, all over, finally killed them all but I was left in a mess!

Just throwing in my experience with this bug too. Mine seems to be the same as Grim being that it seems to be playline specific. I have tried all the fixes listed above to get my latest playline to give encounters, but to no avail. However, after going back to my first playline (tested on multiple age saves) encounters were fine. I have a strong feeling it may be “A Rock and a Hard Place” quest that caused it as the lack of encounters seemed to fit in with me starting this quest and I didn’t do much else aside from help my chum Morcock in the main quest. The fact that I never did this quest on my first play through also makes me believe this may be the culprit.

Edit: Ok now I’m fairly sure it’s “A Rock and A Hard Place”. Saves before it on my second playline are giving encounters as normal, any where I have started it are not.

Edit 2: Well, now I’m thinking it could be “My Friend Timmy” and agreeing to help Morcock kill Timmy, or after completing an objective in Rock and a Hard Place. Those are the only 2 things I can see different between a save that gives encounters and one that doesn’t as I have 1 save with the latter quest started but still giving encounters.

Its my first playline thats not giving me random encounters, will try on the others aswell see what happens.
Also, i’ve never done/acquired a quest called A Rock and A hard Place, so I dont think that’s what bugged my playline at least

In the main quest, have you met Morcock yet?

Yes, but i didnt have encounters since the beginning of the playline.

Seems my bug is different but after more testing I can confirm 99.9% that the quest “My Friend Timmy” bugged it out for me. Loaded the auto-save at the start of the quest, did absolutely nothing but what I did before for the quest (help Morcock, follow him, speech convo choice, ask his name), now as soon as I get out of convo with him I fast travel to Rattay…no encounters. Then loaded up the save again and tried doing the quest as I did on my first playline (killing the bandits and questioning Timmy) and encounters are still fine after the quest.

Question is; do I go back 10 hours of game time for encounters?..

they said they will fix the random encounter issue with patch 1.3.4 which will release early next week if there are no complications so you need to figure out if its worth it

1 Like

Good to hear this. Where did you find this news?

here:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Will put the game on hold until 1.4 I guess.

It’s a shame devs use Twitter and not the forums to communicate these important updates. Never owned an account and never will.

1 Like

I had one encounter after the patch this morning and was psyched, thinking it was fixed but no more after that with 6 hours of play–the last two just riding around just seeing if I could find one. Also, riposte training for mace and axe still borked. What was that half gig patch today about anyway?

And yesm, I tried removing all my mods, even varified all my files.