►Alpha 0.5 Bug List

I had an issue after beating Andreas in the military camp. I defeated him in sword combat in the arena and after the fight he said here is the document, but it never appeared in my inventory. I wasn’t very close to him when he offered the document in his ‘beat-up’ sounding voice so I looked around on the ground but it did not look like Andreas dropped it. I tried talking to Ludmila but I could not complete the quest.

If riding in the water (creek/pond), you don´t hear a kind of splash sound. You hear all typs of backround sound and voices. Very disturbing…

1 Like

I had a different issue with that quest: I convinced Andreas to give me the document, I received it and it is in my inventory. But when I talk to Ludmila I cannot give it to her and I say only that “I am on it”…

Cheers

I greet you sovereign

That is actually pretty typical bug.
Though I thought that it was only in alpha 0.4

Anyway, to do this quest you will probably have to create a new game.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I also stumbled on the „sick bastard“ quest. I reported all I knew to the bailif but I do not know who actually poisoned Jerry. When I next time talked to him the full quest was away. I had to click „news“ several times to get info about the poisoning of Jerry again. Strange somehow.

I can also confirm the bug that there is no sound of water when riding the stream.

I can also confirm the black screen when talking to someone from inside the arena who is standing out of it.

I stuck now with the helping wounded soldiers quest. I shall bring potions and herbs to the hag, but what she says and what is in the quest log is different.
Is it intended to find the right mixture of herbs and cooking by try and error or will it later be better explained? I was not even able to create a simple potion. (but I found an introduction for Jerrys potion, so it works in generally).

Greetings,
Tajo

Sick bastard is bit difficult quest.
There are two outcomes.
All you need to do is, talk with: Jerry, Marianna, Bailif, Jerrys wife. And look into Jerrys house.
You dont need to do the postion I think.
But if you want to know more about alchemy refer to this amazing post.
I hope you noticed that book lying next to alchemy table.

And what exactly is that? Is it something completely different or just slightly changed form of the sentence?

As already said above. The “sick bastard” quest seems to be buggy. I talked to everyone and was in Jerry’s house. I still can’t end the quest. I finished it once, but since then in every game I start, I can’t finish it. With or without giving Jerry the cure…

I have the same issues…

One thing, which might be a bug or intended or just not in the final version. Why can’t I talk from above the horse or standing to a rider??? That makes no sence at all. I don’t want to jump from the horse every time i want to have a chat with a farmer passing by… You also can’t draw any weapons or torches once sitting on a horse…

Yes, correct. It is not really a bug,… more an unfinished feature… :smile:
I ´m pretty sure this will improve in the beta.

In Jerrys house: Have you lookpicked the larder?

(I have finished this quest last week, should work…)
Have you saved(with exit) the game? This could be the reason.

Maybe this is a help for you:

I did… As I said, I finished the quest successfull once. Since then, it never worked again. With and without saving, taking or not taking other quests in between… it just doesn’t work… sadly…

You have to threaten the herb woman, and describe Jerry’s symptoms, or she won’t tell you how his symptoms sound like rotten meat and not gruel. If you miss that step, then you can never complete the quest.

This is not true there are multiple ways to complete the Quest. I personally find it easiest to avoid speaking with the Herb woman altogether.

The quests and NPC AI routines correlated to them have a tendency to break this is one of the growing pains of the development process.

I just played the quest.
Looks like you must talk to the herb woman! Without talking, there was no option to talk to Jerry about the poison again.

After this, finished the quest at the bailiff.

My way:
Jerry, Jerrys Wife, (larder), Fisherman, Marriana, Bailiff, Herb Woman, Jerry, Baliff.

I think you Just need to be more Creative about how you go about it, and remember its an RPG.

I just completed the quest 100% without speaking to the Herb woman a single time.

First I collect enough Herbs to make the Antidote, and them some extra to buy the Brown Quilted jacket from the merchant in samopesh.

I then head to herbalist and auto cook the antidote (gives me a smoke break).

Put on the Brown quilted Jacket and take of everything else until my Charisma is at its Highest.

Talk to Jerry first, offer to help him before asking all the questions about what happened.

After going over all the questions with Jerry I unlock his Larder door without walking (don’t discover the meat yet).

I then go talk to Talbot the fisherman and get him to tell me his side of the story. With the Charisma bonus of the quilted jacket you can persuade him at each prompt successfully.

Then Speak to Marianna and get her take on the whole thing, Offer to help her.

Then I go back to Jerry’s house discover the meat and then go speak to Jerry’s wife.

After talking to Jerry’s wife and asking her about the rotting meat I go to the plot up the road Jerry is working, and go over the investigation with him where he then reveals the whole plot of his wife being the culprit.

He will attempt to bribe you, at this point you can choose to agree with pinning the crime on Marianna or tell Jerry off and tell the bailiff.

I hate Jerry King Poop Butt so I turn his ass in.

I even took the time to do it again this time recording.

1 Like

You are right, WH fixed this bug after 0.3. The trigger is now the potion. You need the potion. It doesn´t mater if you make the potion, steal it, or buy it.

Some suggestions about your way:
No need for the brown quilted jacket(and charisma bug). Persuade works well at the fisherman.

No need to speak with Jerrys wife. (special note: You can kill her, and open the larder with her key; no lockpicking :slightly_smiling: )

You can agree with Jerry, get his money, and after this tell the bailiff the true (and Marianna). :blush:

But I was never able to blame Marianna at the baliff… is this a bug, or I`m?

To add to what people saying regarding the issue where the screen goes black here are a few extra points:

1. It only seems to happen when the game is loading something such as talking to an NPC, loading into a fight,loading into the game etc. I have not had the issue occur when simply riding or walking around

2. The game continues to “work” in most cases. The sound design and music can be heard continuing on after the screen goes black. Most notable when “loading” a fight and the bug occurs you can hear your opponent continue to duel you.

3. I have had no issues regarding the game files or anything of the sort. Steam says that everything is where it should be.

I have attached my system specs bellow

DxDiag.txt (95.4 KB)

I tried this yesterday when I was testing and the impress check failed each time. Is it possible that you did some other quests before hand that increased speech or charisma?

I have not tried to accuse her so I couldn’t tell yeah Ill test it next time I play.

I talked to Ludmilla’s husband first. Then Ludmilla disappeared. After riding out of town and back I found her and gave her the letter and she game me the choice of an old stallion they couldn’t sell or some groshen. Maybe talking to her husband first was the key?

I cant start the game since Patch 0.5.
Everytime I start the game it crashes after the loading screen.
“Game.exe doesnt work”

:frowning:

Sounds like the Crimson Problem. Do you have an AMD GFX Card?

AMD R9 270X