GTX 1080Ti (390.77 WHQL Driver), i7 7700k @4.6Ghz, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, SSD. 1440p Performance unacceptable. Framerate drops in the 30-40s. Immersion breaking NPC, Object, Textures pop in at max settings, brief load before conversations, Microstuttering

Quite a few people are having issues with high end rigs and it’s frustrating as hell. I have 3 rigs here and it runs great on the AMD/AMD rig because they have optimized their drivers for the game already (yes they have I’ve checked the new driver and it does indeed say it’s optimized for this game) My 1080TI rig runs slow…oddly slow like 30FPS slow on ultra which Is unusual for that rig. My third rig has a 1060 and it gets pretty good frame rates in the 60’s which is still low but I’m flummoxed as to how a rig with a slower CPU, less ram and a slower video card with less ram is faster than a 3000 dollar nightmare gaming rig.https://www.pcgamer.com/amds-latest-gpu-driver-is-optimized-for-kingdom-come-fortnite-and-pubg/

1 Like

@Balladeer
@SeppVonDeats

Finally some people who speak some sense. Every major reviewer on PC out there commented on the dodgy performance and memory leaks. Yesterday, I thought my rig was the issue after reading some comments here. i even reinstalled driver, downgraded then reupgraded BIOS and guess what, it changed absolutely nothing.

the only way I was able to get somewhat stable performance is by lowering some settings to high. Yes I hope Warhorse is implementing fixes.

And yes there is an amazing game underneath those issues. I hope that the game will be ready in a month max

1 Like

I’m playing with a similar rig as yours and i’m encountering same issues. I may be wrong but launching the game in fullscreen seems to have improved performances over borderless (I was in fullscreen at first but it looks like newer patch 1.2.1 rollback this option to borderless), try changing that.

Also I haven’t tested it yet but here are some tweaks you can try : https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/7xm95h/psa_performance_tweaks/

I will test them tonight.

2 Likes

Yes I noticed it keeps changing to borderless but i always make sure to change it back to fullscreen. It’s annoying. It made 0 difference whatsoever to be honest. I tried the heapsize “fix” ann it’s nothing but placebo. Performance is the same with or without it. I also use the disable Vsync command as I use a gsync monitor.

Well I guess there is no more to say. We will see what they can fix in their upcoming patch. I’ve read that we will be able to disable v-sync directly in menu and to select what type of AA we want tu use.

You can already change the Antialiasing and even disable it with this command:

Thanks to @agris

Ah thank you I didn’t know, did you try it ?

Yep I disabled it fully and while everything looks sharper, the aliasing is unbearable at 1440p. its sadly FXAA and not MSAA. I hope they let us use MSAA ingame

Well in that case I will try to completely disable AA tonight and also to force somme AA using ReShade. I think it can be useful waiting for the patch.

1 Like

Just curious considering the amd cards are having better performance and the mid tier gtx 1060 , have any of the gtx 1080ti owners tried an earlier Nvidia driver for testing purposes . Or are they all just using the latest one.

I am personally using the latest one which was released on 28th January which is 390.77 WHQL

That driver was released specifically for this game so it should be the best driver for performance.

1 Like

I’m using the latest one but I can try to downgrade it tonight for testing purpose of course.

2 Likes

Cheers lord. I have seen something like this happen before with a driver aimed at a particular game having unintentionaly jacked the higher end cards In the process.

I think that Nvidia will have to do additional work for this game to be 100% stable

I’m also seeing really inconsistent performance on Very High And Ultra. My processor is a bit older (4790k, 16GB DDR3, SSD) but i’m running a 1080 Ti @ 1920x1200.

I was at first using older drivers and upgraded to the latest.

I can consistently hit 55+ on High but on Very High and Ultra i’m dipping into the low 40s and even 30s in some places like Rattay.

1 Like

Try letting all options to ultra high and lowering “Postprocess quality”, “Shader quality” and “Shadows” to high. that seems to greatly improve performance with a minimal graphical impact for the moment. waiting a further optimisation.

1 Like

Yep, will definitely try that when I get to play again this evening.

I also have a 1080Ti, and have experimented with various settings. I have most settings at v.high or ultra, other than post/shader/ and something else - off the top of my head can’t be certain. Most of the time I’m getting around 40 -50 fps which for my 1080p TV is acceptable if not ideal. However, even on screens where not a lot is happening ie the map screen, fps is around 70. It would seem to be either the drivers aren’t optimised correctly for the game, or just as likely certain elements in the games code are slowing things down a bit.

I’m sure over time the Devs or even modders will fix these issues.

1 Like

It’s like there is a problem only with 1080ti, because I have 1080 and i play the game at high-very high settings with 50-70 fps (40 in towns)

1 Like

I am running a high end rig with GTX 1080ti SLI ( had to force SLI on through Nvidia Inspector odd thoguht the game was supose to sopport SLI) on x35 montiro at 3440 x 1440 and I get low 50fps with dips into the 40’s in towns on all Utlra. Once I moved post/shader/ and shdaows to high I saw a jump in fps to in the low 70’s and low 60 in towns.

Most new news my rig runs on all settings maxed with a stable FPS of 80’s ( wildlands I was cracking at 90’s) , but only after they patch the game a few times. It seems most new games are not optimized for the 1080ti at launch . After reading this post the the players having issues are the ones running a 1080ti on 1440p. Everyone else on lower res are running just fine it seems, so please keep that in mind when responding to a post.

Hopefully the issue with the 1080ti will get patched soon by either War or Nvidia.

1 Like