Let! Me! Save!

Let it be known my opinion. I am happy with how it is we save.

have you ever paid for electricity once in your lifetime? have you ever used your pc to work? have you ever thought on environmental issues with high electricity consumption. also i dont want to hear my pc when sleeping… i voted for this kind of save-system but having no save-on-exit is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

yes, I have a child, I need to save the game and continue some other time, please let me save

4 Likes

and what the hell are those advices of yours guys ? let your pc/console running for hours? and let burn my pc? of course :smiley:

3 Likes

At least give us an Exit-save, if WH wants this to be brutal OK fine, but at least let me close the game to make dinner when I’m hungry and pick up where I left off. Also I agree with OP, I get WHs desire to prevent people from being cheap about trying things over and over again but I think thats up to the player, if you want to be cheap or make it hard on yourself then thats a matter of player agency. Maybe a compromise is different game modes, one that is like “survival mode” and another that is “casual”? At the very least give us exit-saves, even Fallout 4’s survival mode does that, its too much without it.

7 Likes

My good Sir, If you're sick of the save system, here's a guide to fix it

I definitely find that I’m sleeping a lot here and there to get those saves… and it’s making me much more cautious in how I approach every situation. Schnappsaving only when I really have to. It’s an added edge to the game which certainly makes you far more weary and mindful.

So far I’m enjoying the notion

1 Like

I assume you have no real-life responsibilities, then? Because that is OP’s and other people’s problem. Not within the game, but outside of it. It wouldn’t have been a problem if there was a simple save-on-exit.

1 Like

What a stupid assumption that is to make… As others have said, there’s ways around it. The game can be paused, or Alt+Tab’d out of when necessary.

I’ll take that you’re just being facetious back, and didn’t think I genuinely assumed that.

And if you have to find “ways around” a game mechanic just to shut down your computer, it is not a game mechanic which should be in the game. Besides, plenty of people found this game quite crashy, which completely wrecks the point of your “way around”, and are appropriately annoyed by this

6 Likes

^^ Opinion ^^

I can foresee moments where it may become frustrating. As of yet, I’ve not encountered those. My opinion is that it’s an interesting take on a fundamental mechanic.

I think the problem actually lies with the limit, rather than necessarily the save mechanism. If you could hold more than 3 Schnapps in inventory at any given time, then I doubt it would be as big an issue.

Thank you so much for linking! I wouldn’t have imagined it modded this fast :star_struck:

Oh, it is an interesting take, but one that creates unpleasant problem. My opinion is if a playing a game requires me to quite literally manage my day around it (something I found tedious in MMO’s, and this is SINGLE), or lose progress if I don’t, it stops being fun and start being work.

If I wanted to pay to work, I’d play EVE.

2 Likes

Use a nearby bed. Problem solved, case closed. Geez…

And what about the poor sodds on the console side?! (Rhetorical question)

1 Like

You don’t seem to understand the problem. “Just pause the game” is useless advice to those of us who have to leave for more than 10 minutes - and believe me, it happens more often than you might think. I’m not going to leave my console running for hours.

1 Like

Space and saveslots…!

I understand it perfectly well. I just don’t see it as a problem as others do… That’s all

I agree, the saving system is terrible. There should be a save on exit and a save everytime a quest or part of a quest is completed. There are times when you have to choose between not going to bed or losing hours of gaming.

1 Like

If you guys aren’t going to change how saves work You could at least make a save system for quitting out of the game and reloading. Like a save you can only see on launch screen once you quit the game and it will only save this particular way when you quit. This way people with wee babies can actually play this game. And the save scummers cant save scum.

1 Like