Warhorse's treatment of early backers

Most DRM is benign anyways its just people wanting to feel like the have control.

1 Like

My way or the highway… :wink:

Self loathing and degradation? :wink:

Pretty much :smile:

lel

you should be with us.

We are creating the great conversion @sirius

Hmm…I think I might try that

Live trolling is the futuuuuuure.

I mean live discussion on fine topics and culture is the way we pave a pathway to higher consciousness and understanding!

I’m there. Already a soldier.

It’s not a feeling, but a fact that it puts you in control. With DRM free games you lose the biggest downside of digital gaming. You can keep all your games without any chance of them being revoked.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you say it’s a nice option if you think it’s completely unnecessary and pointless.

I don’t think it’s massively important to be on GOG, since DRM can be forcefully removed generally as long as you have the files, but official support is always preferable.

Just purchase a copy on GOG and gift the other one to a family member or sell it to a friend. Honestly, the whinefest that goes on over trivial things. Besides, you would be helping Warhorse Studios with better funding for their future projects. I know I’ll be supporting them with KCD and other future projects.

otvsw

2 Likes

You had years to update your preferred platform. As a matter of fact, I think you had up until December 2017 to change your address/platform preference --I could be wrong, though! The point is that you’re complaining about something you could’ve changed, and I don’t think it’s fair to attack the studio about it.

Edit: This is mostly in reference to PC/PS4/Xbox, but still. If you’re complaining about the whole Steam vs. GOG thing, then just swap keys with someone.

1 Like

yeah right
just find someone who wants to purchase the game on gog then you can exchange your keys - problem solved

That is not a problem at all. You just being naggy.

I have no idea what are you whining about.

In Kickstarter video, they said they have an investor who funded the project, and it was around 1 million euros. They wanted to show him that there will be interest towards the game. So how was WH desperate? They had the goal on 300,000 € and they got it.

Vávra has been extremely open about the content and its lack of. I have had the option of my platform years now, you should be mad to yourself only.

You’re the ridiculous subject here.

^sentence above.

Easy solution for me.
I will support ( Crowdfunding ) studios like Larian or Obsidian, because for them it is not a problem to make the game ( give the keys ) available on GOG and Steam , moreover on the SAME day.
But no money for Warhose next time.

4 Likes

Perfectly satisfied! Backed it originally 4 years ago and waited pacently (mostly forgot for 3 years 10 months). Logged into my profile got my steam key plus all my other goodies. Did my pre load this afternoon and deciding if I want to play tonight as I work at 7 am lol.

Backer Satisfaction poll

Yeah I agree OP. I’ve been following the game for four years. But it has been FOUR YEARS. Naturally I don’t check on it on a weekly basis anymore. I missed the deadline for a console swap by a couple of weeks and sent in an email asking If I can have a change of console. I get a reply to my email over a month later on the defensive saying saying “Your fault we post to twitter/facebook/email blah blah.” I replied yeah it doesn’t matter what social media platform you post it to if I’m not specifically searching for info at that time. Is there nothing that can be done? I just got directed to a console swap thread where I’m in line with hundreds of others who need to change.

In additions to this I have to activate the game through my steam account, yet someone who bought the game last week has been given keys. Kinda sucks how we don’t really matter to them despite us being the reason the game is being released at all.

1 Like